Target rifle: Feinwerkbau vs Walther vs Pardini vs Tesro

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

imadoctornota

Target rifle: Feinwerkbau vs Walther vs Pardini vs Tesro

Post by imadoctornota »

Hello, I am interested in purchasing my own target rifle for competition use with ISSF 3P. Given my continued interest, I feel that investing in a 5k-ish rifle would best serve my purposes. On gaining suggestions for rifles, I was recommended three rifles and I am considering a fourth. I was hoping others could help me compare the models so I can decide which would be best for me. They all sound about the same to me aside from aesthetics.

The models are:
Feinwerkbau 2800 http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.a ... item=35130
Walther KK500 Expert http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.a ... em=2818230
Pardini FR22 https://www.pardiniguns.com/pardini-fr22-free-rifle/
Tesro SBR100 Signum https://www.tesro.ca/rifles-and-pistols ... rifle.html
Mike M.

Re: Target rifle: Feinwerkbau vs Walther vs Pardini vs Tesro

Post by Mike M. »

If you're in the USA, getting support for a Tesro might be difficult. I don't think they have a representative in the USA.
bdutton

Post by bdutton »

No love for Anschutz? Lots of options including a few different flavors of the 54.30:

http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.a ... y&c=FITAAN
1813benny

Post by 1813benny »

My opinion only....

While Anschutz rifles are good, the 54.30 was less of an upgrade and more like just a quick stop gap to make the 54 series action a little more ergonomic for loading. Comparison of the loading port location to the others referenced make it even more clear while improved, it's still a fair distance to load a cartridge.

The Anschutz price point is also not overly appealing vs the other manufacturer's. $5,250 for Anschutz w no sights (set costs $665 more) vs $5,212 for the Walther that includes a set of Centra sights. I saw a price in January for the Pardini of about $6,999 but that was a complete rifle, sights, bandstop, palm rest and two additional complete buttplate to pistol grip assemblies to be able to be your own ISSF pit crew for 3-position events. Not a bad offering at that price point.....
efoleyjr

Post by efoleyjr »

Get Walther KK500 with everything including one of the best rear sights made. Also better barrel than others. Check out Center Shot Sports for best price. Then don't look back.

Ed
imadoctornota

Post by imadoctornota »

Thanks, all. The Walther KK500 sounds the most attractive. Is there much difference between the KK500-E and KK500-M? I am already prepared to make a sizeable investment into the rifle, spending an extra $1k for the KK500-E seems reasonable if it would make a difference.
1813benny

Post by 1813benny »

I would stay with the mechanical trigger.
imadoctornota

Post by imadoctornota »

What is the reasoning behind opting for the mechanical trigger against the electronic, from a performance point of view?
MarkTrew

Post by MarkTrew »

Always have a second electronic trigger. One to use while the other is in for repairs.

Also worth considering would be a G&E or Bleiker. Both are on more World stages in the winner’s circle. You might look at some videos for the last several Olympics and World Cups. If you are serious, buy once and cry once.

I think there was an old thread showing the loading port placement of most of the brands mentioned in this thread. That might be worth reviewing.

MarkTrew
bhart

Post by bhart »

I am looking for a us FWB 2600 or 2700 preferably a Universal. Have an FWB 800 Universal which I really like.
Cheers
Bob
Victoria BC
bhartis@shaw.ca
bhart

Post by bhart »

I am looking for a us FWB 2600 or 2700 preferably a Universal. Have an FWB 800 Universal which I really like.
Cheers
Bob
Victoria BC
bhartis@shaw.ca
1813benny

Post by 1813benny »

imadoctornota wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:26 pm What is the reasoning behind opting for the mechanical trigger against the electronic, from a performance point of view?
Electronic triggers are not very common with rifles and as Mark mentioned, always have 2 electronic triggers - one to use while the other is in for repair. Also throw in that you now need to carry spare batteries, etc. In my opinion, mechanical would be the way to go....
MarkTrew

Post by MarkTrew »

Loading port comparison thread link. Worth a review.

https://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.ph ... rt#p244687

MarkTrew
bdutton

Post by bdutton »

1813benny wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:01 am
imadoctornota wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:26 pm What is the reasoning behind opting for the mechanical trigger against the electronic, from a performance point of view?
Electronic triggers are not very common with rifles and as Mark mentioned, always have 2 electronic triggers - one to use while the other is in for repair. Also throw in that you now need to carry spare batteries, etc. In my opinion, mechanical would be the way to go....
Back in 2016 (I think) one of the OSU shooters at the NCAA Championships had the battery die in the trigger on his last shot (Air Rifle) with about 2 minutes remaining. Ended up with a 581 on 59 shots. Score had to count too because his team mate god DSQ'd on an overweight air rifle.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

1813benny wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:01 amElectronic triggers are not very common with rifles and as Mark mentioned, always have 2 electronic triggers - one to use while the other is in for repair. Also throw in that you now need to carry spare batteries, etc. In my opinion, mechanical would be the way to go....
Didn't Peter Sidi have a battery conk out during the final of the 2010 World Championships?
40xguy

Post by 40xguy »

you could always build your own:
for example, here's a barreled action for sale with a good reference: http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=65005
now go here for a custom made stock: https://carlbernosky.com/
this way you have your own rifle built the way you want and I guarantee the dollar number will be substantially less than what you're considering.
wish you the best !!
Hammer to shape, file to fit, paint to match...