Wondering if I wanted to trade..

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Tangohammerli

Wondering if I wanted to trade..

Post by Tangohammerli »

I am considering trading my 2020 Pardini SP New 22lf,
Complete with 4 magazines. Only 500 rounds fired.
Considering going back to a Hammerli 208s, with optic mount and 4 mags????
I love the Pardini, but for some reason, my scores aren't as good as with the 208s...
robjob

Re: Wondering if I wanted to trade..

Post by robjob »

New guns take time to learn and become proficient with. 500 rounds seems pretty early to me to be looking to get out of a high end pistol...

Then again if you feel you cant shoot it as good as your "old" gun, why fight it...
william

Post by william »

Time for honest introspection. Why did you buy the Pardini in the first place?
Tangohammerli

Post by Tangohammerli »

I initially purchased a 2016 SP, used. The purchase was promoted by my already shooting the K12 Air pistol, so it seemed logical that the similarities would compliment each other. I put about 1500 to 2000 rounds through it (if memory serves me). But it just did not feel right. I did not replace that SP right away, but a year later chose to give the SP another chance and ordered this one new from Pardini USA and asked for "roll type trigger". I added tungsten rods to the recoil system and saw decent T/R fire strings in the mid to high 90's, but my 50y scores stayed in the high 80's low 90's.
I used a 208's back in the late 1990's and in 2002-3 for league shoots at Old Colony (Mass.) until about 2005 when circumstances forced me to sell several long time friends.
In league shoots my averages were better from 50y with several 99's and T/R in the mid 90's.
Perhaps what I should first do is readjust the SP trigger to eliminate the roll and stay with it.....
I shoot about 1000 rounds of air pistol a month as that is the closest range I have access to but also 100-200 rounds a month of centerfire for work related training.
Along with my 1911's, Sig 210 and revolvers for PPC for an additional 200 rounds a month.
And lots of dryfiring.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Sheeitt! You're just getting old!
Tangohammerli

Post by Tangohammerli »

Probably.....But you're one to talk!
Jon Eulette

Post by Jon Eulette »

I’ve shot nearly every match 22 pistol on the planet at some point competitively. Ok not that many, but close. The Pardini SP is the only pistol I’ve ever tried to love and was never happier when I sold it. That darn trigger is just dead with no feel. If your young and strong and are pure fundamentals shooter that’s ok. But as we age and shoot part time I think we need the trigger to be more of a friend. I adjusted that trigger every conceivable way and it just didn’t give me any feedback. I can shoot my Ruger mk’s much better than the SP. I’m not joking! I love my 208S’ and my MG2’ because I get feedback from the triggers.
Good Luck!
Jon
Tangohammerli

Post by Tangohammerli »

I think you have described exactly what I am trying to say but could not find the words!
william

Post by william »

Jon Eulette wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:11 pm I’ve shot nearly every match 22 pistol on the planet at some point competitively. Ok not that many, but close. The Pardini SP is the only pistol I’ve ever tried to love and was never happier when I sold it. That darn trigger is just dead with no feel. If your young and strong and are pure fundamentals shooter that’s ok. But as we age and shoot part time I think we need the trigger to be more of a friend. I adjusted that trigger every conceivable way and it just didn’t give me any feedback. I can shoot my Ruger mk’s much better than the SP. I’m not joking! I love my 208S’ and my MG2’ because I get feedback from the triggers.
Good Luck!
Jon
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars. It's in our selves.

There's a difference between "every conceivable way" and every possible way. I'm older than dirt - almost as old as Rover - and have nerve damage thanks to a years-ago elbow injury. It took no unreasonable length of time to adjust 2 Pardini triggers (air and standard pistols) so that I know precisely what they're doing and still give me that instantaneous surprise when they break. Not that you should prefer a Pardini, only that you should acknowledge the purely subjective nature of the preference.
Jon Eulette

Post by Jon Eulette »

[/quote]
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars. It's in our selves.

There's a difference between "every conceivable way" and every possible way. I'm older than dirt - almost as old as Rover - and have nerve damage thanks to a years-ago elbow injury. It took no unreasonable length of time to adjust 2 Pardini triggers (air and standard pistols) so that I know precisely what they're doing and still give me that instantaneous surprise when they break. Not that you should prefer a Pardini, only that you should acknowledge the purely subjective nature of the preference.
[/quote]

William, you shooting 880+ aggregate with your SP? Surprise shots are for beginners. HM know when it’s going to break! SP is for darn sure an instantaneous oh my God when is it going to go off pistol. Every HM I talk to about their SP trigger say they wish it was better. SP eats most people’s lunch at 50 yards. Shooting a pistol that goes off unexpectedly (yeah your pulling the trigger) out of the 10 ring sucks. I’ve never shot more crap shots at 50 than with the SP. It’s the most overrated .22 on the market. If they fixed the trigger it would be worth the price off admission. So subjectively I’m stating as a matter of fact that the SP trigger flat out sucks. If you’re not putting up big scores with one I’d find another gun. If you shoot the same scores regardless of the pistol than maybe coaching is in order. I would personally find the best doctor, the best lawyer or a HM to get advice from. Too much expert gun advice from people who own guns but don’t perform with them.
My 2 cents
Jon
Tangohammerli

Post by Tangohammerli »

Ok, so I bit the bullet and bid on a late model 208 and was fortunate enough to have taken delivery this week.
When I first held it it was like finding an old friend!
I plan to put it to work as soon as I find an optic mount for my match dot II.
porkchop

Post by porkchop »

I'm no HM, I'm lower down in the classes. I never could get used to a surprise break-like-glass trigger. My friends said you don't want to know when it breaks, fooey, personally I wanted to know when it broke the first time I pulled a trigger on any gun. I didn't know how to do this until I shot a medium roll trigger, then I got a short roll on my 1911. Comparing a short roll to a crisp break for me is that I can keep the sights or dots lined up better and know when the break is coming. This is giving me more improvement on both the long and short lines. I bought my first Hammerli it's a 215s and Jon showed me how to adjust it, It basically feels like a short roll 1000 gram trigger only with a 650 gram 1st stage. This is my favorite 22 and will use it for 25M Standard Pistol this winter also. The trigger and I are really getting acquainted, now to keep what's between my ears focused better.
Stan
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

Tangohammerli wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:19 am . . . but a year later chose to give the SP another chance and ordered this one new from Pardini USA and asked for "roll type trigger".
Has anyone observed a difference between the Pardini SP mechanical trigger versus the electronic trigger?