1813 action help

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

alanms

1813 action help

Post by alanms »

Hello all,
Please help me with a self inflicted problem.
So I was trying to adjust the trigger on my 1813 to a single stage and I apparently screwed something up.
I was adjusting the first stage weight screw and set screw(#4 and 5) and repeatedly cocking and testing the trigger. After a few cycles , the bolt became locked closed.
What am I doing wrong and how do I fix this?
I also noticed that now the safety lever seems to be stuck .
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
pfiori

Re: 1813 action help

Post by pfiori »

You may have insufficient overtravel clearance.
I will suggest that you start by removing the trigger from the receiver to see if the binding is caused by the trigger or is in the bolt.
Then I will suggest that you follow the directions in the operators manual, link here, https://cloud.anschuetz-sport.com/index ... file=19562
for adjusting the trigger.
alanms

Post by alanms »

Thank you for the response.
I removed the trigger but the bolt is still stuck . Bolt arm will not raise.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

If the bolt handle won't raise, the firing pin may not be sliding properly on the cam. Thus can happen if there is a burr on the firing pin bent, or the cam itself. Can you get enough purchase on the bolt end cap to unscrew it? This will take the pressure off the firing pin, so the handle should raise and unlock.

Just to check this is an 1813, not a 1413? 1413s have the safety catch at the back of the bolt that locks it. I ask as some shooters assume any Anschutz Supermatch is an 1813. If the bolt has a flag-like tab at the back, lift this up and the bolt should unlock.
alanms

Post by alanms »

Update,
I was able to get the bolt out by unscrewing the bolt end cap( thank you Tim). It is an 1813 by the way. In the process of taking the bolt apart to check for problems and clean the insides thoroughly.
I appreciate all the help .
Thank you