Rebuilding a FWB600 - lubrication question

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

AmBraCol

Rebuilding a FWB600 - lubrication question

Post by AmBraCol »

I'm rebuilding a FWB 600 Single Stroke Pneumatic for a friend. The original piston seal was stuck to the bottom of the compression chamber due to improper lube (I'm pretty sure) that turned the original seal into a glob of soft plastic that grabbed onto the compression chamber and almost didn't come loose.

FWB sent me a new kit (including a new piston as the design was changed) and I DON"T want to have the same problem down the road. What lubrication would be appropriate for the piston seal?
I'm a peaceful man and prefer the pursuit of peaceful sports.  The shooting sports tend to promote self control and are peaceably participated in by those who know that their greatest challenge is their need to continually hone their own abilities.
Brazos

Re: Rebuilding a FWB600 - lubrication question

Post by Brazos »

FWB has a special grease they sell for this. It’s a little white tube and cost about $15. No doubt you can use something different but that is what FWB says to use.
Th.

Post by Th. »

AmBraCol

Post by AmBraCol »

Brazos wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:50 pm FWB has a special grease they sell for this. It’s a little white tube and cost about $15. No doubt you can use something different but that is what FWB says to use.
Would this be the same grease they sell for the 300 and the 65? I picked up a tube way back when I rebuilt those for another friend, still have it kicking around here somewhere.

Thanks for the feedback.
I'm a peaceful man and prefer the pursuit of peaceful sports.  The shooting sports tend to promote self control and are peaceably participated in by those who know that their greatest challenge is their need to continually hone their own abilities.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

AmBraCol wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:07 am
Brazos wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:50 pm FWB has a special grease they sell for this. It’s a little white tube and cost about $15. No doubt you can use something different but that is what FWB says to use.
Would this be the same grease they sell for the 300 and the 65? I picked up a tube way back when I rebuilt those for another friend, still have it kicking around here somewhere.

Thanks for the feedback.
Yup, that small tube of grease. It will work on all FWB airguns (spring, CO2, SSP's and PCP's) and other match air rifles/pistols brands as well.
Attachments
FWB special grease.jpg
FWB special grease.jpg (12.48 KiB) Viewed 1336 times