MatchGuns MGH1-Mech Detailed Pictures

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
tiktock

MatchGuns MGH1-Mech Detailed Pictures

Post by tiktock »

Hello,
Someone mentioned they wanted to see some pictures of my MatchGuns MGH1-Mechanical. I picked the gun up recently as my first foray into more formal 10m air pistol shooting after decades of bullseye and 3-pos smallbore. I am located in an area almost no one shoots 10m air pistol so my ability to compare this to other guns is very limited. I purchased the gun mainly because there is a local MatchGuns dealer who does service and I was able to test the gun and start with something new. I'll hesitate to "review" the gun beyond my impressions having shot many match guns of varying types over the years:
  • The build quality seems high overall including fit and finish, tightness, etc. I expected this
  • The trigger is exceptional even compared to my Anschutz smallbore and my Les Baer. All adjustments are fantastic and tactile. Glass-like break
  • I like the ability to adjust the rear sight height, width and such, and have front sight width options
  • Loading pelleted from the top and rotating them into the chamber is very convenient and smooth
  • Two cylinders, easy detach, ~200 rounds at 200 bar seems pretty accurate capacity
I cannot comment on the grip. It was sized for my hand but I need to shoot quite a bit more to determine any adjustments or to have a better opinion. It adjusts across multiple planes and angles that I havent even touched yet. Far more accurate than I am.

Pics:
Azmodan

Re: MatchGuns MGH1-Mech Detailed Pictures

Post by Azmodan »

looks very nice! :)
Airpistol: Feinwerkbau 100 / Feinwerkbau P8X
STP: Walther GSP 22
CFP: Walther GSP 32
Freepistol: TOZ-35
PPC: CZ Shadow 2
PCC: Nova Modul CTS9
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Where can you buy it in the U.S.?
tiktock

Post by tiktock »

Lenny wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:14 pm Where can you buy it in the U.S.?
I got it at https://www.newenglandairgun.com/matchgun.html

I got mine at their walk-in location. They have all the different grip sizes, front sight widths and such as far as I could tell. They became a dealer recently after trying for a while from what they said.
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

tiktock wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:41 am

I got mine at their walk-in location. They have all the different grip sizes, front sight widths and such as far as I could tell. They became a dealer recently after trying for a while from what they said.
Thanks for the link. It's a beautiful pistol. You can tell quality workmanship from the pictures. In the specs it says trigger adjustable from 70gr to 450gr.
Isn't 500gr minimum required by the ISSF rules. What am I missing?
nmondal

Post by nmondal »

Lovely.. sometimes I think .. I did a bad stuff staying in India.
10 M Air pistol : Walther LP 500 Basic | Earlier Hammerli AP 20 Pro.
Newbie shooting questions : http://targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=63530
tiktock

Post by tiktock »

Lenny wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:10 pm

Thanks for the link. It's a beautiful pistol. You can tell quality workmanship from the pictures. In the specs it says trigger adjustable from 70gr to 450gr.
I wondered if that was some odd translation issue. Ill check the manual i think they are separating the weights on the first stage and second or something. I cant imagine it would go down to 70g :)
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Could be good practice for free pistol?
tiktock

Post by tiktock »

Lenny wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:10 pm

I couldnt find anything clear on this so I made a low quality trigger weight gauge using a stick, some fishing wire and a small cup I filled with small weights. When pulled with the stick hanging on the trigger notch i was getting it free hanging with ~515g in there before it broke. I assume its a bit higher than that but certainly seems more than 450g. I am not sure exactly what the description as it is written means. On their website it says "Adjustable trigger pull weight and easy distribution of weights: up to 450 g for dead travel and only 70 g for release force. "
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

That's different. The 70 grams is for the 2nd stage, so the total would be 520 grams. Basically you can set it for a relatively light second stage.
tiktock

Post by tiktock »

Gwhite wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:10 pm That's different. The 70 grams is for the 2nd stage, so the total would be 520 grams. Basically you can set it for a relatively light second stage.
I emailed them late last night and had a response by morning! They confirmed its combined and the minimum it can be set is 520g divided between stages as you describe.
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Yes, obviously misdescribed. Why would they want to eliminate most of the market over a few grams of trigger weight.
Timberwerks

Post by Timberwerks »

I know, old post but do you still have this pistol? If so, how has it performed over these years?