feinwerkbau 2800 - Gun firing while opening bolt

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

anant.goldie

feinwerkbau 2800 - Gun firing while opening bolt

Post by anant.goldie »

Hello All,

Recently I am coming across the following problem in feinwerkbau 2800.
  • Load the ammo
  • Cock the bolt
  • Fire the shot
  • Shot doesn't fire
  • TRY OPENING THE BOLT - the shot fires.
I was in a match and it happened almost 10 times. Strange thing so far is that I am able to replicate this issue only in standing position.
I have opened the rifle, cleaned it, oiled/grease it but still the problem persists.

Has anyone ever faced this issue. What should i do ?

I have found a the following hack to prevent the gun from firing while opening bolt. But it is not idle in long run.
  • Load the ammo
  • Cock the bolt
  • Fire the shot
  • Shot doesn't fire
  • Put the safety lock in dry firing mode
  • OPEN THE BOLT - the shot doesn't fires.
  • Load the ammo again
  • Put the safety lock to firing mode and take the shot
Tim S

Re: feinwerkbau 2800 - Gun firing while opening bolt

Post by Tim S »

The rifle should not fire as you lift the bolt handle. Something in the bolt is blocking the firing pin, so it cannot strike when the trigger releases it. This is not safe, and is not acceptable in a new rifle. If you bought the rifle new, from a shop, I would contact the shop to start with. If your local consumer protection laws allow, ask the shop to repair the rifle, or replace it/refund your money.
mgdietrich

Post by mgdietrich »

Sounds like a trigger issue, timing. Not familiar with that rifle, but I would start with sear engagement and learn if there is a way to add or subtract trigger placement in where the trigger mounts to the action.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

mgdietrich wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:31 pm Sounds like a trigger issue, timing. Not familiar with that rifle, but I would start with sear engagement and learn if there is a way to add or subtract trigger placement in where the trigger mounts to the action.
Would trigger timing do this? Normally if the trigger is too far forwards (too little contact with the firing pin) you get light strikes. And if it's too far back, the bolt effectively becomes becomes cock-on-close. The trigger sear has to drop for the firing pin to strike; if it was dropping immediately, wouldn't the firing pin just decoction safely under the guidance of the cocking cam? I think something is jamming the firing pin, so it can't move forwards as the trigger sear drops. Raising the handle frees the jam, and the firing pin can ride over the trigger as it resets.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

This was common to the 700 & 800 series when the triggers were messed up by trying to set stage 1 & stage 2 trigger pulls too light.
Junior shooters for the most part, but I've seen a few older folks (well - not juniors) do this to their guns as well.

Usually a trip to the gunsmith (or someone who really understood the FWB triggers) got them back to a point they could "try again" or just leave them alone.

Usually the "leave it alone" was demanded by the coach after too many zero's in a match ... saw one gal shoot 7 in a single match (a Winter Airgun) ... her coach was livid.