Cheating at Tokyo Olympics!

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

GolfShot

Cheating at Tokyo Olympics!

Post by GolfShot »

Once again cheating has taken place again but this time at the Olympics!

Qian Yang's right hand was touching her left hand and her sight raiser was resting against her nose.

To add insult to injury, the jury member for the match, David Goodfellow inspected her position and found nothing wrong. Perhaps he needs his eyes checked and a refresher of the rules.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7.6.1.3 Standing

f) The rifle must not touch or rest against any other point or object

j) The right hand may not touch the left hand, left arm or the left side of the shooting jacket.
Attachments
David Goodfellow
David Goodfellow
Qian Yang
Qian Yang
Tim S

Re: Cheating at Tokyo Olympics!

Post by Tim S »

Wasn't this discussed last week? http://targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=64258
dontshootcritters

Post by dontshootcritters »

Clearly looks like contact to me... Her blinder wouldn't be bent if she didn't have contact but maybe she's allowed to have facial contact...
pthatcher

Post by pthatcher »

She is clearly cheating. Not sure what the official is not seeing. When I started shooting SB prone matches there were a few shooters who would gradually extend their elbow so that, eventually, the rifle was essentially laying on the ground. They never seemed to be called out and was a source of frustration amongst other shooters. Just as in other Olympic level sports ( read track & field and cycling ) cheating is rampant and likely is in shooting as well. I suspect that a significant number of World Level shooters are on Beta-blockers also.
pthatcher

Post by pthatcher »

pthatcher wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:36 pm She is clearly cheating. Not sure what the official is not seeing. When I started shooting SB prone matches there were a few shooters who would gradually extend their elbow so that, eventually, the rifle was essentially laying on the ground. They never seemed to be called out and was a source of frustration amongst other shooters. Just as in other Olympic level sports ( read track & field and cycling ) cheating is rampant and likely is in shooting as well. I suspect that a significant number of World Level shooters are on Beta-blockers also.
pthatcher

Post by pthatcher »

Sorry. Did not intend to send twice.
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

pthatcher wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:36 pm I suspect that a significant number of World Level shooters are on Beta-blockers also.
pthatcher,
We know this how?
Which countries?
Which athletes?

Perhaps some meaningful research would be in order, before we slander the sport.

Helpful link: https://www.wada-ama.org/en/content/wha ... lar-sports
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Agree - I think WADA & here in the US - USADA do a very good job of educating and then if necessary catching these.

At least when the Governing Body applies the testing at their appropriate tournaments
bugman1955

Post by bugman1955 »

Its China, enough said.
dontshootcritters

Why do we have to dance around this topic for goodness sake!!
If the marshals are walking around looking at individuals for what looks to be additional support then surely they have to power and authority to call it out!!
Why do we have to be tip toeing around this issue...if proven..cheating is cheating!!
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

Last edited by atomicgale on Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dontshootcritters

I think in fairness ungood words that are directed at a particular person that are designed to humiliate and poke fun at people publicly should absolutely be banned..!
Calling out intentional cheating that has to have been practiced prior to any competition is absolutely the RIGHT thing to do..!!
Imagine you are there in the same competition,shooting next to X person. You have played fair. All gear is correct. Position is totally legal with NO additional support and you get beaten by X shooter.. I'm sure I would be well pissed!! Especially if there are marshals walking around watching in real time as the shoot is under way..!