Video from Tokyo?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

BenEnglishTX

Video from Tokyo?

Post by BenEnglishTX »

My apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but a search of the forum showed no results so I thought I'd ask here since an air rifle event was the first one impacted.

In the United States, there were supposed to be a few alternatives for watching shooting sports at the Tokyo Games. The Women's Air Rifle final is now over but for the entire time it was happening, I was trying everything to get a video feed. The livestream feed didn't work. The clickable link on the issf-sports site that was supposed to lead to a video feed didn't work; it defaulted back to the results page. As for browsers, I tried every link on Silk, Chrome, and Firefox and got the same results on them all.

As an aside, long after Olympics.com had posted the results, the ISSF results page still had no information.

Was anyone able to watch the finals tonight and, if so, where did you source your stream? Do I need to sign up for a VPN and try the links again, from a few different countries?

I was really looking forward to watching most of these events live and right now I'm a bit bummed.
Brazos

Re: Video from Tokyo?

Post by Brazos »

My daughter and I watched it. We went to nbcolypmics.com From there we found a link to watch it live. To do so it had us sign into our directTV account. DirectTV was one of a number providers to choose from.
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

LINK to Men's AP, NOT video, live-time scoring:

LINK: https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olympic ... 00100-.htm
Xman

Post by Xman »

Brazos wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:23 pm My daughter and I watched it. We went to nbcolypmics.com From there we found a link to watch it live. To do so it had us sign into our directTV account. DirectTV was one of a number providers to choose from.
There are 2 links at that page for Olympics and one goes to fubo and the other to VPN. I have DirectTV but dont see anything linking to DirectTV.

This is sad or is it just me lost in the confusion?

HELP
nmondal

Post by nmondal »

Just sad.
Shooting is not a "adrenaline sport" that viewers would love to see, unless ...tie break.
I feel you.
10 M Air pistol : Walther LP 500 Basic | Earlier Hammerli AP 20 Pro.
Newbie shooting questions : http://targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=63530
Tavishwm

Post by Tavishwm »

Download the NBC sports App on your device weather it is a smart tv, Roku, Apple TV, phone or tablet. Sign in with your TV provider and you can watch live or replays of the events. They are only showing the finals not the qualifications.
atomicgale

Post by atomicgale »

nmondal wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:37 am Just sad. Shooting is not a "adrenaline sport" that viewers would love to see, unless ...tie break.
. . . selling my guns . . . taking up break dancing . . . .
aalbert

Post by aalbert »

Tavishwm wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:19 am Download the NBC sports App on your device weather it is a smart tv, Roku, Apple TV, phone or tablet. Sign in with your TV provider and you can watch live or replays of the events. They are only showing the finals not the qualifications.
If you don't have a provider(or don't know how your account info), then you can sign up for Peacock for a month and also gain access. Outside of the US, would be the same concept, but using your local provider, unless you are using a VPN service to re-geolocate yourself to the US.
nmondal

Post by nmondal »

atomicgale wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:46 am
nmondal wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:37 am Just sad. Shooting is not a "adrenaline sport" that viewers would love to see, unless ...tie break.
. . . selling my guns . . . taking up break dancing . . . .
:-)

But I did not pick up my gun so that people can telecast me.
I picked it up cause ..it is where I feel myself.
10 M Air pistol : Walther LP 500 Basic | Earlier Hammerli AP 20 Pro.
Newbie shooting questions : http://targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=63530
BenEnglishTX

Post by BenEnglishTX »

BenEnglishTX wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:14 pm As an aside, long after Olympics.com had posted the results, the ISSF results page still had no information.
I emailed ISSF media relations about this and they actually answered back, telling me that it was an IOC rule that they were not allowed to post results on their website. They could write a story and mention the scores but they couldn't put up a spreadsheet-like tabulation.
Brazos wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:23 pm My daughter and I watched it. We went to nbcolypmics.com From there we found a link to watch it live. To do so it had us sign into our directTV account. DirectTV was one of a number providers to choose from.
Ultimately, this worked for me. Thanks so much for pointing me in that direction.

Note to all - This solution only applies to the USA. Other countries have media with different contracts with the Olympics. Also, even though this works in the USA, it still requires the viewer to use their cable provider sign in credentials. While I hope I'm wrong about this, it appears that if you're a dedicated cord cutter who has no cable of any sort, you're outta luck.
BenEnglishTX

Post by BenEnglishTX »

aalbert wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:48 am If you don't have a provider(or don't know how your account info), then you can sign up for Peacock for a month and also gain access.
I did that but I couldn't find any way to view any shooting sports. They had lots of other stuff but no shooting.

Maybe they were just behind. I'll look again, today, since it would be nice to watch on my TV instead of my small computer monitor.
atomicgale

Post by atomicgale »

BenEnglishTX wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:14 pm the ISSF results page still had no information.
Men's AP results:

LINK: https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olympic ... 00100-.htm