Ring thickening front iris

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

conradin

Ring thickening front iris

Post by conradin »

This has been discussed before, but the thread was 7 years ago. The discussion is probably out of date??

What is the use of a ring thickening front iris? I have very bad eyes, will this help me?
Tim S

Re: Ring thickening front iris

Post by Tim S »

Conradin,

Do you mean something like this? https://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog/C ... ht-13.html This lets you adjust both the inside and the outside of the ring, so you can get the perfect foresight ring. Shooting outdoors in sunlight, changes in light can make the foresight ring appear thicker or thinner. Also, older irises have a fixed diameter ring, so it's thicker when this aperture is small and thinner when it's large. Not everyone likes this.

A fairly thick ring might be easier to see. If you don't already have one, a prescription lens is more important.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Yes, not this model, but it is a Gehmann 536. 2.4-4.4 + 7.0-9.0
conradin

Post by conradin »

conradin wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:33 am Yes, not this model, but it is a Gehmann 536. 2.4-4.4 + 7.0-9.0
I wished Dr. Norman Wong is not retired, he always did an excellent job for me. But after his retirement, I cannot find a single eye doctor that knows how to prescribe, especially if I have something special like a Varga. I am also very aware of the fact that in San Francisco, it is a city that is extremely anti firearms. Dr. Wong has his place set up so that you can always test your eye sight with your weapon at 25 yards at the least. It is a very interesting set up which you can never notice until he pulls the curtain down....