front sight iris

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

conradin

front sight iris

Post by conradin »

Does anyone know if there is a manufacturer that makes a front sight that can accept one iris, one level (screw in), and one slot for plastic insert? Mine is a FWB, and the front sight only allows front and back at the same time, but cannot take an insert.
Tim S

Re: front sight iris

Post by Tim S »

Would this do from Gehmann? https://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog/G ... S-213.html I presume the s version is also available in M22.

Before you get a new tunnel though, you do know that you don't need a slot in the top of the tunnel to use plastic inserts? You screw these in from the back, just like an iris in fact. You need one of these to hold a plastic insert: https://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog/a ... 4-336.html That's an Anschutz product (in the M22 size for an FWB) but I'm sure FWB make an equivalent. Metal elements need a slot, as there are lugs at the side that are wider than the threads.

As an alternative Centra high-ends would screw straight into your FWB tunnel with no clamp.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Yes, I know these products. I am waiting for a further reply from Gehmann. They sent me an answer but it was not quite clear, maybe it is lost in translation.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Conradin,

Often your questions can be hard to fathom.

I'm still not sure why you want a tunnel with a slot for metal elements (inserts in US speak), when you asked specifically about plastic elements that screw in like an iris. Any foresight tunnel that takes a screw-in iris just needs a screw-in clamp for plastic elements.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Problem solved. I found a tunnel that works.
greentangerine

Post by greentangerine »

You need to share the solution ...