Sius electronic software

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
JonPersson

Sius electronic software

Post by JonPersson »

Hi!

At the club we have Sius electronic targets and the Sius Data software.

No one really knows how to use the software and I’m basically the only active shooter that competes.

I have taught myself how to start and do a competition, but I can’t seem to be able to view old competitions.

Does anyone know how to retrieve old data. I can see that there are files being created on the hard drive. Only way to open them is via “offline mode” but even though the files open, they are empty….

And of course there are no instruction books and Sius homepage is a night mare……
Gwhite

Re: Sius electronic software

Post by Gwhite »

Have you asked SIUS? At least in the US, their tech support folks are always helpful. They know their documentation is a bit weak, especially given the complexity of the software.

At least in the system at the college where I coach, the full shot data (with locations & not just scores) is handled by the Command Desk program, which runs on another computer. It generates PDF's that show where all the shots went, and those are stored and can be accessed later. Our system is configured to run matches with up to 13 targets. The basic SIUS system can only work with banks of ten targets, so we have network bridges to tie two banks together. You actually need a separate computer running Command Desk for each bank.
JonPersson

Post by JonPersson »

We only have one computer and no other software….
…might reach out to Sius👍
m1963

Post by m1963 »

Without knowing exactly which target, and which version of the software you are using, this would be the best place to start-

https://support.sius.com/
lyoke2

Post by lyoke2 »

I don't know what targets you have but maybe the SIUSLANE software it better suited for your purpose?

We have the HS10 targets and use SIUSLANE which it quite easy to use.
Jeff@SIUS

Post by Jeff@SIUS »

Hey folks, If you have questions on SIUS software or hardware feel free to contact Bob (USA Tech Spt) at 803-546-7395. He's been working with SIUS since it first came out in the US market.
Marc Orvin

Post by Marc Orvin »

Your old matches are in a file under SIUS/SiusData/Data. They will be in CSV format. It will give you the shot number, the x and y coordinates, the "r" value for the radius away from the center, and the score in integer and in decimal. It's ugly, but it is all in there. If you are running just Data, that is where you find the information.

Please reply if you need more help. I can team view with you to get you to the right place.

Marc
mrmsf

Post by mrmsf »

...found this thread and am really interested in knowing the result CSV file.

2 questions:
1. What is the difference between the STL CSV file and the one without STL?

2. This is from the pure (non STL) result file:
1132;10.4;0;6;0;147;17:56:23.94;1;1.47441;0.09275;1;655.35;0;0;1;0;0;0;0;0;6;3;749498394;0;0;0;61;0

What does the different column say? (0-indexed)
column 0, the start number of shooter
column 1, must be the actual score
column 2, I guess is 0 if practice and 1 when match?
column 6, when the shot was fired/registered
column 8 and 9... where the actual shot was placed? The above example is 1.47551 and 0.09275... how should I interpret it?
mteinum

Post by mteinum »

mrmsf wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:31 am ...found this thread and am really interested in knowing the result CSV file.
Shot data and start list (_stl.csv) format are documented in the help file for SIUS Data.

SiusData: Menu > ? > Help
Attachments
sius shot data format.png
sius start list format.png
First shot always results in good group. The others just don't follow