Tec-Hro test stand

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

RByars

Tec-Hro test stand

Post by RByars »

Does anyone have any experience using the Tec-Hro test stand? I bought one and I can’t find any instructions. Nothing came with it and nothing online. I have learned the following. There are two knurled nuts on stand. One adjust how for the top recoils. It goes from 0 to the spring stops the recoil. The other limits how far the top goes forward returning from recoil. If either of these nuts are contacted during testing it messes up the group. Also if you touch anything but the trigger during the process the group is affected. I have been told that you use the nuts to lock down the top to test air rifles. I haven’t tried it.

Are there any other secrets I need to be aware of?
conradin

Re: Tec-Hro test stand

Post by conradin »

There was a video from youtube about it. But it was a long time ago so I have no idea if it is still there. But is not really about the Tec-Hro. but rather someone is testing their rifle, and his stand happens to be a Tec-Hro. I think the stand is very very nice. But of course it is also $$$$$$$.
RByars

Post by RByars »

Thanks Conradin

I have modified my stand by adding a plate to the bottom. This adds about 15 lbs to the stand and give me a place to add leveling and elevation screws. Now I need a good way to adjust windage. This has really made testing ammo and tuning the tuner more precise. Just wish I had a 100 yard indoor range insofar doing it outside where there is always a breeze.
Martin H

Post by Martin H »

RByars wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:06 am I have modified my stand by adding a plate to the bottom. This adds about 15 lbs to the stand and give me a place to add leveling and elevation screws. Now I need a good way to adjust windage. This has really made testing ammo and tuning the tuner more precise. Just wish I had a 100 yard indoor range insofar doing it outside where there is always a breeze.
Good idea. Many test benches are mounted in a rotating vice. This enables both elevation and windage to be adjusted to get onto the target. I think the Tec-Hro website shows the test bench held by a vice.
I would be interested to see a photo and see some of your results. I am interested as we all have Starik tuners and they require a recoiling test bench to properly set up the tuner.
I have access to a sliding test bench which recoils. But it clamps at the front and rear of the stock and it is very easy to induce a twist into the stock which rather wrecks the groups. The Tec-Hro test bench clamps to the front rail and prevents any twisting of the stock.
Cheers Martin
RByars

Post by RByars »

Martin
I will upload some pictures soon. I thought about using a vice but decided I liked the approach I used. My stand has to be mobile a I thought a vice with the course threads would make sighting more difficult.

I am using the Starik tuners also. I have been happy them except I had to reglue the sight clamping rail.
RByars

Post by RByars »

Here is a picture.
Attachments
E4CC3DC6-2A0E-4B78-9C73-904A521DEE41.jpeg
E4CC3DC6-2A0E-4B78-9C73-904A521DEE41.jpeg (18.14 KiB) Viewed 1176 times