Walther LG300 standard/junior/anatomic?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

KaiKayden

Walther LG300 standard/junior/anatomic?

Post by KaiKayden »

I noticed a significant weight difference between the Standard and Junior (1200 grams). Thats not just the cilinder and front sight holder. Does the Standard have a heavier stock as well? Or anything else thats different from the Junior?
I wanted to switch stocks, put a standard LG300 stock on the Anatomic, but the Anatomic doesnt seem to have the side stockbolts the Standard and Alutec have?

Does a LG300 standard stock fit the LG400 standard?
GaryN

Re: Walther LG300 standard/junior/anatomic?

Post by GaryN »

Some ideas based on my FWB Jr.
  • Probably a shorter stock. Both forestock and and shoulder stock. Less material = less weight.
    Probably the stock style. The ambi stock on my Jr is thinner in places than the full size RH stock on my Anschutz. Less material = less weight.
    Very probably a shorter barrel. My Jr has a shorter barrel than the std size rifle. The confusing thing here is the actual barrel may be the same length, the different is the length of the outer barrel/tube.
    Possibly no muzzle weight. My Jr did not come with a muzzle weight.
I do not think that shortening the cylinder by a few inches will reduce the weight by any significant amount.
bdutton

Re: Walther LG300 standard/junior/anatomic?

Post by bdutton »

I am pretty sure the junior model also has a shorter air tank which would also be a significant reduction in weight.