Anschutz, Walther, or Turbo, other?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

kbean

Anschutz, Walther, or Turbo, other?

Post by kbean »

If you were able to choose, which would you recommend for a college level shooter serious about three position shooting?
I’d like to see people’s thoughts and discussion.
aalbert

Re: Anschutz, Walther, or Turbo, other?

Post by aalbert »

Anschutz - parts and serviceability are big plusses
Walther - Nice rifles, but service and parts seem to be an issue
Turbo - I see a lot of shooters sell them, and move to other platforms
40xguy

Post by 40xguy »

make your own rifle, the way you want, with the individual parts of your own choosing !!
Hammer to shape, file to fit, paint to match...
rbs

Post by rbs »

aalbert wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:45 pm Anschutz - parts and serviceability are big plusses
Walther - Nice rifles, but service and parts seem to be an issue
Turbo - I see a lot of shooters sell them, and move to other platforms
there is absolutely no problems with parts or service with the Walther rifles, they have a service and parts facility at Fort Smith Arkansas that is very committed to customer service. The KK500 is a very nice package and when you look at what is included, it's price is a bargain, and the trigger is exceptional
bdutton

Post by bdutton »

Pardini introduced a nice rifle recently and FWB has a new model with a very nice short action which allows shooters with short arms to reach the loading ramp better. Both are excellent rifles worthy of consideration.

Fwb: http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.a ... y&c=FITAFE

Pardini: https://www.pardiniguns.com/pardini-fr22-free-rifle/
kbean

Post by kbean »

Are the KK500s able to be switched between left and right handed?
Shakeyaim

Post by Shakeyaim »

Are the KK500s able to be switched between left and right handed?
Not speaking from hands on experience but... Yes, the stocks are ambidextrous and the bolt is easily flipped around without tools. As far as I know, to get the rifle ejecting to the left you need to take the stock off and flip the ejector around by 180 degrees. Then it's just a case of flipping the cheek rest 180 degrees also. And a new LH grip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkg4zMMi92Y
1845greyhounds

Post by 1845greyhounds »

If the shooter has a small stature, Turbo offers a micro version that has a much shorter stock. The stock can be swapped out later for a full size stock. Turbo's 3P rifles use a stock very similar to an Anschutz Precise stock (all accessories fit it). Their current rifles also incorporate the ability to angle the pistol grip (Anschutz adjustments + angle). The Turbo website lacks much advertising wrt their features but Anthony DiOrio (owner) is pretty easy to talk to and happy to tell you all about his products. There is also a Facebook page that has more pictures. Maybe the best advertising for Turbo is that Nick Mowrer used one to make this year's Olympic 3P team.
Moore

Post by Moore »

kbean wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:04 pm Are the KK500s able to be switched between left and right handed?
YES,, There a fine rifle.. I Strongly recommend The Walther KK500
spektr

Post by spektr »

Allow me to suggest there is no correct answer here. All of these rifles will shoot possibles when the shooter does his job.

Its a tactile thing, how soes it FEEL to you. Thats whats important, and they all feel a tiny bit different. Shoot a few, find something that speaks to you and buy it.....i got lucky with a hand me down supermatch. It was an unloved closet dweller and we get along so well Im not interested in looking around for a metal gun...... Its a feel thing.....