Help-Kruger paper rolls and masks

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

oldman

Help-Kruger paper rolls and masks

Post by oldman »

Having problems getting supply out of Europe of Kruger # 6600 and Kruger #6130-that's paper rolls for electronic target (Sius/InBand) and pistol masks. Is there another manufacturer or supplier in North America?? Down to last few yards on paper roll and last mask looks like swiss chees!
dschaller

Re: Help-Kruger paper rolls and masks

Post by dschaller »

I made a huge mistake and purchased from SIUS USA. 100 of the pistol masks ended up costing us $51.75! The paper tears extremely easily and if someone shoots outside the black, you get a big tear in the paper rather than a clean hole like with Kruger masks. Don't know where I will get replacements, but I won't ever get them from SIUS USA again.
oldman

Post by oldman »

Thanks for links-actually in midst of ordering some product from both Sius USA and from Orion to try out their offerings. My large shipment from Kruger Europe seems to be lost in DHL no man's land for five weeks now and so far Kruger Europe has not helped find it or replace it.
I use the InBand system which so far I am quite happy with . I have SCATT MX-W2 on order and have been talking with Thomas at ShotAnalyzer http://dot4you.ch/en/home-2/ and he has got it working with the InBand as well as lots of other systems.
Still looking for a good 10m used pcp rifle in Canada!
D
m1963

Post by m1963 »

Hello-

It looks like one can order direct from Kruger-
https://targets.krueger-shops.eu/

We have not tried the target faces received from SIUS USA yet. If they are tearing easily one wonders if spraying the backs of them with a very light clear coat of polyurethane would help- at least to make them useable in the near term.

By the way- our last order from Germany shipped the third week of March. The package (DHL) sat at a shipping facility in Germany for 4 full weeks before it showed any movement. Once in the US it sat several more weeks before it was processed and shipped to us.

Best regards,
m1963
oldman

Post by oldman »

m1963
Yes DHL seems to be very poor unreliable shipper-as I said it is now 5 weeks waiting for my shipment from Kruger Europe and DHL has apparently given up on even trying to predict a delivery date. Zachery from Orion and Wanda from Sius usa were both quick to respond to inquiries and so far it seems the masks are the challenge with the paper rolls actually being made by Kruger( according to Joachim at Kruger) so are compatible with Orion, InBand and Sius systems-paper targets not so much. My last Paper mask is starting to look like swiss cheese as I have now put 1000's of shots down range with yes way too many fliers!!
Dave
m1963

Post by m1963 »

We tested one of the target masks from SIUS, with an intentional shot in the white. It definitely tears,…

We will try some clear spray paint to see if that helps make the paper 'crisp.'
Attachments
0352DE25-677C-4F3D-8625-AA3ABBB3EC2B.jpeg
oldman

Post by oldman »

Wow Sius masks are over $1 USA each and if they tear like that....!!!! I guess I will find out as I ordered pkg of ten for $11.69 and also something called "Front mask rubber" for $2.67 to try out. So far Orion, Kruger and Sius prices much the same but Orion shipping far far more reasonable. Guess I will not know bottom line until they clear customs and get delivered. Need more Canadian suppliers-and shooters!
m1963

Post by m1963 »

The polyurethane helped a bit, but is not worth the trouble. The rubber mask will last quite a while. You can still shoot through it, though.

I would say, stick with the Kruger target masks.
rec4309

Post by rec4309 »

I have been meaning to talk to Champions Choice about stocking these items, as they are now the USA distributer for Kruger. If they get a few requests I would think that they would stock them
dschaller

Post by dschaller »

I was just at the JO Air Pistol Championships in Colorado Springs, and noticed that the Megalink masks (ML1038) were larger than the SIUS ones. Cutting them down on all 4 sides and adding 4 paper punches looked like it would then fit the SIUS targets, and the paper quality is good. Unfortunately, when I called the US distributor, they are $85/100 (not including shipping), so probably cheaper to order direct from Germany unless you can't wait for the shipping time.

One suggestion that was made I thought made sense for us since we also use the rifle masks. Since they usually don't get shot to far outside the rifle scoring rings, recycling them as pistol masks might be possible. Need a template to cut the larger hole, but otherwise not too much effort to do this.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I need to order air pistol masks for our SIUS targets. It sounds like the consensus from this thread was to order direct from Kruger, but that was 9 months ago. Just wanted to check if anyone had any more recent input on the subject.

Thanks!
Marc Orvin

Post by Marc Orvin »

Gwhite wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:32 pm I need to order air pistol masks for our SIUS targets. It sounds like the consensus from this thread was to order direct from Kruger, but that was 9 months ago. Just wanted to check if anyone had any more recent input on the subject.

Thanks!
Have you contacted Jeff at SIUS USA for the air pistol masks?
Jeff Douglas
803-699-1800
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Marc Orvin wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:25 am
Gwhite wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:32 pm I need to order air pistol masks for our SIUS targets. It sounds like the consensus from this thread was to order direct from Kruger, but that was 9 months ago. Just wanted to check if anyone had any more recent input on the subject.

Thanks!
Have you contacted Jeff at SIUS USA for the air pistol masks?
Jeff Douglas
803-699-1800
From the test done by "m1963" less than a year ago, the current SIUS masks are no where near the quality of paper you get from Kruger. I have a query in to SIUS for current pricing, but unless they've come WAY down in price, we will probably order from Kruger.