FWB 700 Alu help

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

conradin

FWB 700 Alu help

Post by conradin »

My roommate has accidentally dropped my FWB 700. Butt plate was broken, but I have a spare so it is fine. The cocking lever seems to be bent. I have a backup cocking lever but it is for the opposite side. I compare both of them and it does not seem like the current cocking lever has a problem.

There is only one way to figure it out. Can anyone with a 700 or 800 alu, or something similar, take a photo of how the cocking lever is placed after pushing it down (after loading and thus, close the chamber). I cannot recall whether the lever should go straight down (completely horizontal), go half way and locked with neighboring mounted push rod making it somewhat at 80', or do not go down and stay on top of the mounted push rod at 60'
It is currently in scenario #2, which means the cocking lever would go half way past the mounting push rod and lock with it. The chamber is sealed and there is no performance problem.
marky-d

Re: FWB 700 Alu help

Post by marky-d »

I took a picture, but can't seem to attach it. The lever is parallel to the barrel (horizontal) when closed.

marky-d
conradin

Post by conradin »

Did the corking lever, at horizontal to the barrel as you wrote, went pass (or below) the push rod that is next to it? Right now my cocking lever is horizontal (how horizontal I do not know, I did not measure it), but it is still above the push rod...cannot make them side by side, let alone going lower than the push rod.

There is air leaking, but I do not know why, still need to investigate because it has no such problem even yesterday.
marky-d

Post by marky-d »

The intermediate linkage (that's what I call it, but I think that's what you're calling the push rod) stays below the cocking lever.

If you zoom in, you can see it here:
https://cdn.pyramydair.com/images/zoome ... le_zm1.jpg

marky-d
conradin

Post by conradin »

Thank you, so I think mine is not damage, but there is still air leak. Also occasionally I can even see that the chamber is not closed enough. Look liike I will have to send it to TN.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Thanks everyone. Buck fixed it.