What to Buy ? Feinwerkbau P8X vs Walther LP 500

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
McMadCow

Re: What to Buy ? Feinwerkbau P8X vs Walther LP 500

Post by McMadCow »

lwy.todd.lu wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:01 am Is that official colour? Or you painted it too. Lol
Looks amazing by the way.
Thanks! I love the effect of it. I painted it. It's Duracoat, with pigment from Gun Candy. I did a super matte finish, so it actually looks anodized in person. Definitely not a spray can, though. It's about $100 worth of paint to do it, but it's pretty easy to do it right, and it obviously looks the business.
lwy.todd.lu

Post by lwy.todd.lu »

McMadCow wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:49 pm
lwy.todd.lu wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:01 am Is that official colour? Or you painted it too. Lol
Looks amazing by the way.
Thanks! I love the effect of it. I painted it. It's Duracoat, with pigment from Gun Candy. I did a super matte finish, so it actually looks anodized in person. Definitely not a spray can, though. It's about $100 worth of paint to do it, but it's pretty easy to do it right, and it obviously looks the business.
Worth to try~~~ I think I will paint it one day when I have a LP500 lol. won't be long~
By the way, how did you remove the letters on the barrel?
McMadCow

Post by McMadCow »

lwy.todd.lu wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:55 am By the way, how did you remove the letters on the barrel?
I just poured some Goo Gone into the trough and waited a few minutes. The letters pulled up pretty quickly, and I could scrape away the residue after that.
Azmodan

Post by Azmodan »

i had the opportunity to test a LP500 (blue angel) versus my P8X
both me and the owner of the LP500 agreed that the trigger on the P8X is much better (smoother). on the lp500 it sorta vibrates after firing.

i also tested an old Morini 162 mechanical. the trigger was better than the LP500 but worse than the P8X
20221104_125606_r.jpg
Airpistol: Feinwerkbau 100 / Feinwerkbau P8X
STP: Walther GSP 22
CFP: Walther GSP 32
Freepistol: TOZ-35
PPC: CZ Shadow 2
PCC: Nova Modul CTS9