Rink 1911 grips

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Trashy

Rink 1911 grips

Post by Trashy »

Does anyone here have a bullseye gun with rink grips installed?

I'm looking into these for an accuracy x I have coming soon and I would enjoy a rundown on them. And have a few questions. Do they wrap around the frame and hold the grip safety down? Do they need to be fitted or were they pretty close on the install and do you have pictures with them installed I could peek at? Also when ordering what's the 0 vs 7 degree option do?

https://www.formgriffe.de/en/shpSR.php? ... 400&p2=255

The grips in question
Fotomaniac

Re: Rink 1911 grips

Post by Fotomaniac »

Well, if you have never used anatomical grips...you may find that you will need to add or remove some material to fit properly. These do not hold the safety grip down as it would be unsafe, note that the palm shelf is not adjustable as the Nilgriffe is. FWIW I found the Nils to be a bit nicer. You’ll probably find that your length of pull will require adjustment, possibly a different length trigger. Personally I found them to be too big for my hand and wasn’t going to expend the effort to make them fit, especially since there are a number of competitions that will only let you use slabs. YMMV
radjag

Post by radjag »

The 7 degree option was intended for shooters with "opposite" master or dominant eye (e. g. Right handed shooter sighting with left eye).

But, it seems that some "non-opposite" shooters have found that they prefer the 7 degree option.

Through a series of mis-adventures I tried the 7deg grips. I am strongly right hand & right dominant eye. They did not feel good, so I did more research and testing then special ordered what I really wanted direct. Thomas Rink is a very accommodating and nice fellow.

As for grips on a 1911, I have a set of Rink, but I currently prefer slim, grippy slabs. My hand is medium with shortish fingers, I don't think my hands work with a 1911 Ortho grip.
Pac918

Post by Pac918 »

Many shooters find that, eye dominance aside, their joints and other anatomical features tend to align their eyes left (for righties) when they pick up a factory Pardini (to take one example) with their wrist set. The 7 degrees can correct that without requiring one to alter their wrist angle.
toddcfii

Post by toddcfii »

I have two sets of Rinks on 1911s. One has upswept Palm one doesn’t. I had to relieve slightly with a file on both to clear the grip safety and the thumb safety. Used a rat tail for the grip and flat file for the thumb safety. I would have preferred not to have to do this but otherwise really like them a lot. Fills my hand well and I did not see a need to alter for feel.
Trashy

Post by Trashy »

Thanks everyone for the help. I highly enjoy the target grips on my volquartsen and I want something for this 1911. I have small-medium hands so I might just order smalls.