Morini air cylinder fill help

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Pragmatist

Morini air cylinder fill help

Post by Pragmatist »

To keep it simple this is my problem.

I have a Morini CM200EI and a 3litre Bisley air bottle which has just been serviced and filled. I cannot get air into either cylinder. When I screw in the adapter and then the cylinder air just gushes out. I didn’t have this problem with my Evo 10 so is the Morini brass adapter just that little bit shorter even by a micro millimeter?
Do I need a different adapter for that particular bottle?

Thanks in advance,

Matty
brent375hh

Re: Morini air cylinder fill help

Post by brent375hh »

I just had my tank hydro tested and it came back leaking. I think they rebuilt the valve, but didn't torque down the copper crush washer. Once I torqued it down to 20 foot pounds on the bonnet nut, the leak went away. I have to think that my situation is highly unlikely to be your problem, but it had me stumped because I assumed that my tank valve couldn't be the problem.

Do you have other o-rings to try on your adapter? Both the the one that seats into the DIN valve and the one that seals the cylinder? When you screw in the adapter can you feel the o-ring make contact with that squishy feeling?

Do you still have the Steyr to test if it still fills that correctly?

Lastly any possibility they got the wrong DIN fitting on it after the service and put a 300 bar valve in place of your 200?
Pragmatist

Post by Pragmatist »

It didn’t work before the service. I’ve since had a reply on another forum and it appears that the Morini adapter is too short for the 300 tank. Fits the 232 ok but I’ll need another adapter. Thanks for your input though, much appreciated.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

That is to prevent you from filling the Morini cylinder over 200 bar. If it's your personal tank and you are careful, you can get away with it, but don't let anyone you don't warn & trust use it.
spektr

Post by spektr »

300 bar and 200 bar tanks and fittings arw designed to be non compatable. They are designed to leak huge amounts of air to prevent 300 bar tanks from damaging incorrectly hooked up 200 bar components.....
Pragmatist

Post by Pragmatist »

So am I best to get a 200 bar tank then?
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

You filling your Steyr to 300 bar? I hope not.

IF it was me, I would only be using a 200 bar tank for either gun. Filling a 200 bar cylinder from a 300 bar tank is hoping you catch the pressure in time. A 50% overcharge might eventually cause your cylinder to explode.

That is 4,500 pounds of pressure on every inch of the aluminum tube you are holding in your hand.
spektr

Post by spektr »

Pragmatist wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:53 am So am I best to get a 200 bar tank then?
Thats the wayits supposed to work...... A tank OR a home pump...... I use tanks and have a dive sbop do all my annual maintenance on it..... Its not difficult at all.....
David M

Post by David M »

A 200 bar Din Adaptor is 3/4" dia and 5 threads long, a 300 bar Adaptor is 7 threads long.
You can screw a 300 bar adaptor into a 200 bar tank but a 200 bar adaptor
is 2 theads short to screw into a 300 bar tank and will leak.