Why are Bullseye shooters such pussies?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Dcforman

Re: Why are Bullseye shooters such pussies?

Post by Dcforman »

Not excusing Rover, but he does make a good point. I firmly believe every BE shooter should shoot air pistol. In fact, every serious BE shooter I know does.

And in terms of actually getting better, shooting a lot and hoping to just get better is not limited to BE. You could say the same for any sport. How many people actually put in the time and training to get better at anything?

Dave
Lightfoot

Post by Lightfoot »

Come on! Bullseye shooters are some of the nicest people in the world. Some aren't trying to become masters, some like me are. But I've rarely met anyone who wouldn't loan equipment or ammo or give advice to any who asked or needed Pussies? Hardly. To be a great bullseye shooter, a person has to not only master 50 yard slow fire but also 45 rapid fire. Also don't forget a person must also master reloading, maybe casting, and to some extent gunsmithing. BE and Int. shooters should shoot a 2700, a service pistol 900, an air pistol match and a free pistol match as an aggregate and see how the results stack up.
william

Post by william »

"BE and Int. shooters should shoot a 2700, a service pistol 900, an air pistol match and a free pistol match as an aggregate and see how the results stack up."

Just spitballin' - This from a shooter who has never dedicated hours and hours to free pistol only see results a good 40 points below either AP or standard pistol scores.
6string

Post by 6string »

In some ways we're fortunate just to be on the line with folks who possess basic firearms safety gun handling skills!

As I mentioned in my first post, my former club ditched all the precision events. Well,they ditched gun safety, too!
The clubhouse range has 24 hr member access. All of a sudden, there was plethora of bullet holes through the roof and walls.
Hence, my use of the term "spray and pray". The USPSA range officer quit because of friction arising from all the DQs he had to impose.

Rover's post just seemed like good natured ribbing. Certainly, he hasn't been anything but helpful to any member to whom he's been able.
Rover

Post by Rover »

"Rover, I'd like to see you at Camp Perry and call all of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force Marksmanship Team shooters pussies. They will likely drop kick your scrawny ass into the next county. Think before you speak, my friend."

OK Oldsalt444, this one's for you and your military service:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2ecasPqhgk

Compliments of this Marine R&P team member. Are you going to thank me for my service?
gn303

Post by gn303 »

Rover has certainly drawn the attention! "Why....are pussies?" will be noticed by any '....' who thinks he's targeted. But it doesn't mean that Rovers arguments can be put aside. Every shooter will know that the bullet takes it's definite trajectory when leaving the barrel. Every hand gunner knows that the action on the trigger can 'disturb' the sight alignment just at that crucial moment, hence missing the 10 and often even the 9. In AP the pellet has a starting speed of about 160 m/s, it takes a while before the pellet leaves the barrel. AP is the best and most efficient way to train the shooter to keep the alignment until the bullet has left the barrel. This trains the shooter to watch the sights, control the trigger and practice follow through. Important in ALL handgun shooting. FP poses the same difficulties just harder because or the ration of the distance to the target and the line of sight. From my point of view a beginning shooter should never start with FP. It would be like a mountain climber starting to climb Mount Everest.
And btw, it's not because Rover likes to pull legs, that he doesn't have a point!
oldsalt444

Post by oldsalt444 »

Rover wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:34 pm "Rover, I'd like to see you at Camp Perry and call all of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force Marksmanship Team shooters pussies. They will likely drop kick your scrawny ass into the next county. Think before you speak, my friend."

OK Oldsalt444, this one's for you and your military service:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2ecasPqhgk

Compliments of this Marine R&P team member. Are you going to thank me for my service?
Was that the unit you were in on youtube?
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

Unfortunately, Rover's boring, sensationalized thread here has both failed to insult EVERYONE, but has also garnered only 1/4 the views of the classic Vulcan Cannon Ad:
[/quote]
Was that the unit you were in on youtube?
[/quote]
I think this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnIBk-0KLi0
william

Post by william »

Rog, they simply (and I believe I mean that in both senses of the word) can't ignore you. How does it feel to be a candle flame for all the moths?

As to nostalgia for military service years, maybe decades, after returning to civilian life:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF3sh-1SYKQ
Rover

Post by Rover »

william

Post by william »

Rover wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:30 am To the naysayers:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12 ... 34x356.jpg
OK, Rog, we got it. That's you in drag on the left. What's your twin sister's name?
Rover

Post by Rover »

Wee Willie.
twl

Post by twl »

Back to the LP50 question ..

i recently purchased one for weekly postal AP league (i shoot it my basement @ 10 meters) and Bullseye training especially for .22 EIC. It has heavy trigger (approx 3.5 pounds) with 1911 grip and aimpoint reddot. I have gone from sharpshooter to mid expert scores with the .22 in less than 2 months.

It has also helped my centerfire and 45 scores from mid sharpshooter to just below expert (high 260's national match) because of the heavy trigger.

One last benefit ... escape from wife and kids without leaving the house!
rgibson

Post by rgibson »

Looks like we will all be shooting nothing but air-powered rifles and pistols soon because: 1) that is all we will be able to afford and B) that will be all we are allowed to try and afford to shoot.
robjob

Post by robjob »

Since I'm a bullseye shooter, by definition, I must be a pussy... so if I shoot 10 shot targets like this with my LP500, what does that make me? Sure hope it's not a Rover... hes seems like a butt head
Attachments
20210305_233416.jpg
rkittine

Post by rkittine »

I am mostly a shotgun shooter, so I like the "Pattern" that I shoot in Bullseye. Nicely dispersed ......... Sometimes, by accident I get a 10X.

Bob
rkittine@aol.com
Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York
WA2YDV
william

Post by william »

robjob wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:39 am Since I'm a bullseye shooter, by definition, I must be a pussy... so if I shoot 10 shot targets like this with my LP500, what does that make me? Sure hope it's not a Rover... hes seems like a butt head
Forget about "if." Just go ahead and shoot 10-shot targets like that 6 times in a row, under match conditions. Then let's discuss what it makes you. I'll tell you I've never done it, and I've never met anybody who has.

Funny how deep truths often show up thanks to somebody who "seems like a butt head."
Rover

Post by Rover »

Don't be too hard on him, William. After all, he almost got (shot) it right.
robjob

Post by robjob »

Yes this was a good target for me, but not unheard of. im often in the upper 560s and I have topped 570 several times this year. While my primary sport is Bullseye, I'm happy to shoot WITH anyone in any pistol sport.

When elitist prima donnas spout off about why one sport is superior to the other, and those that don't worship at its alter are the great unwashed masses, it doesn't sit well. If you're going to make broad generalizations about a large group of pretty good people, I feel it's ok to me form and state an opinion about 1 person.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Gee! And all I wanted to do was improve their skills with Air Pistol....

Did it work for YOU?