Baikla IZH 35 M

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Jerry

Baikla IZH 35 M

Post by Jerry »

Recently saw one of these at a local gun store, appearance is somewhat basic, as most of the russian stuff seems to be, but felt and pointed very well. I would appreciate any info, pro or con on this gun, as to accuracy- ease of mtn. anything that you would care to share. thanks in advance for your assistance.
Jerry
nthe10ring-at-aol.com.42774.0
Jerry

Re: Baikal- IZH 35 M- 22LR

Post by Jerry »

: Recently saw one of these at a local gun store, appearance is somewhat basic, as most of the russian stuff seems to be, but felt and pointed very well. I would appreciate any info, pro or con on this gun, as to accuracy- ease of mtn. anything that you would care to share. thanks in advance for your assistance.
: Jerry

nthe10ring-at-aol.com.42775.42774
Norm

Re: Baikla IZH 35 M

Post by Norm »

There's a recent discussion of the Izzie on the Bullseye list. A few of the foibles that people have cured, etc. Pete Brunelli has a decent website dedicated to it, too. Overall, the list & people I know who have shot them like them. Crude on the outside, polished & precise where it matters. Grips are big & chunky, the Ruskies expect esch shooter to find his own grip inside the block of wood they ship with the gun.
Newer ones seem to be cleaner & nicer & more desirable than the older ones, but not by a lot.
HTH,
Norm
http://izh.petebrunelli.com/
http://user.mc.net/~drweber/
Dave

Post by Dave »

Newer ones are very nice.( I have one as back-up to the styer) Triggers, ballance and acuracy are wel above the $240 price tag. Only real drawback is that teh grip is one sized fits all and could use some sipling. Both are easily fixed.
: Recently saw one of these at a local gun store, appearance is somewhat basic, as most of the russian stuff seems to be, but felt and pointed very well. I would appreciate any info, pro or con on this gun, as to accuracy- ease of mtn. anything that you would care to share. thanks in advance for your assistance.

Mike Fleischer

Post by Mike Fleischer »

I have one for about 6 months shoots great, but when I first got it the gun slamed fired. I had my dealer send it back, it took a month to get it back. They did a great job of fixing it. A team member and master shooter has one and has no problem shooting master scores with it. I clean mine every 1200 rounds.
maf166-at-msn.com.42794.42774
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Could I ask where u found one for 240.00, most in this area are a little over 400.00---this is the 22 rimfire pistol--are u speaking of the airgun?

: Newer ones are very nice.( I have one as back-up to the styer) Triggers, ballance and acuracy are wel above the $240 price tag. Only real drawback is that teh grip is one sized fits all and could use some sipling. Both are easily fixed.
: : Recently saw one of these at a local gun store, appearance is somewhat basic, as most of the russian stuff seems to be, but felt and pointed very well. I would appreciate any info, pro or con on this gun, as to accuracy- ease of mtn. anything that you would care to share. thanks in advance for your assistance.
: : Jerry

nthe10ring-at-aol.com.42799.42786
Tom

Post by Tom »

Sounds like he is thinking of the IZH air pistol instead of the .22 bullseye pistol which is hard to find new for less than $400.

: Could I ask where u found one for 240.00, most in this area are a little over 400.00---this is the 22 rimfire pistol--are u speaking of the airgun?

: : Newer ones are very nice.( I have one as back-up to the styer) Triggers, ballance and acuracy are wel above the $240 price tag. Only real drawback is that teh grip is one sized fits all and could use some sipling. Both are easily fixed.
: : : Recently saw one of these at a local gun store, appearance is somewhat basic, as most of the russian stuff seems to be, but felt and pointed very well. I would appreciate any info, pro or con on this gun, as to accuracy- ease of mtn. anything that you would care to share. thanks in advance for your assistance.
: : : Jerry

mail-subs-at-ev1.net.42804.42799
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

I have one and worth the price $450.
Very reliable, shoots well any ammo.
Mount included.
Easy to shoot 850(bullseye) or 550(20+20+20)
You can have a grip from Vitarbo but I adjusted the original and fits great.
Be aware of the original screws: they falling out
after a while. You can locktite them or order a new set from here: ($4.50) http://user.mc.net/~drweber/izh/izh.html
This is a great web site if you need more info
http://izh.petebrunelli.com/
BTW: I have an IZH 46 air pistol, cost $265
one of the best buy, shoots great.
I just had a match last weekend and I had better score than 95% of the shooters with expensive Steyer, Hammerli, Walther etc.
(Well maybe it was not only the pistol:-)

Martin Bockler

Post by Martin Bockler »

Hi Jerry, I have an IZH 35M for sale, gun is as new, with very decent medium grips, shoots and functions flawlessly. Trigger has been tuned to a smooth 2lbs. Comes with case, spare parts and 2 mags. gun has no scope mount, nor is the frame tapped, DJP shooting products makes one that goes from front to rear sight. price is 300$ shipped to your ffl.

Jay V

Post by Jay V »

: ...I would appreciate any info, pro or con on this gun, as to accuracy- ease of mtn. anything that you would care to share.
Hi Jerry,
I bought an IZH-35M when they first showed up in the U.S. about 4 years ago. The gun was marked *99 on the shroud. That gun proved to be a bit picky about ammo, but never doubled. I recently purchased a *01, and it has proved NOT to be picky about ammo (best not to use Federal ammo, as it is the one most likely to double). I believe the factory made some internal changes on the later models, and would recommend a *01 or *02 model. There have been some problems with doubling with all models, and some of shooters in my club have had doubling problems with their late model guns. The distributor (EAA) can be difficult to deal with if you need "factory" service.
In my opinion, the grips on the gun are too far off to use. Plan on buying a set of Walther KSP or Morini grips. I bought mine from I.S.S.(877)595-2090. The Walther grips are about $100, the Morini are closer to $200. With either set you will want a bottom mag release from DJ Precision (http://user.mc.net/~drweber/). DJ Precision also has a better trigger, shroud screw sets, and a few other neat items for the IZH.
Overall the gun shoots well, and is capable of master-level scores at 50 yards, but does need a few items and maybe a little work to be competitive.

Jay
jverg-at-att.net.42888.42774
Dave

Post by Dave »

Duh! Sorry, trying to work and play at the same time. (Guess I'm not doing either well. )I should hhave read closer and typed slower. I was tthinking of the IZH-46M air pistol.
: Could I ask where u found one for 240.00, most in this area are a little over 400.00---this is the 22 rimfire pistol--are u speaking of the airgun?

: : Newer ones are very nice.( I have one as back-up to the styer) Triggers, ballance and acuracy are wel above the $240 price tag. Only real drawback is that teh grip is one sized fits all and could use some sipling. Both are easily fixed.
: : : Recently saw one of these at a local gun store, appearance is somewhat basic, as most of the russian stuff seems to be, but felt and pointed very well. I would appreciate any info, pro or con on this gun, as to accuracy- ease of mtn. anything that you would care to share. thanks in advance for your assistance.
: : : Jerry

Ben Ward

Post by Ben Ward »

:
: Hi Jerry, I have an IZH 35M for sale, gun is as new, with very decent medium grips, shoots and functions flawlessly. Trigger has been tuned to a smooth 2lbs. Comes with case, spare parts and 2 mags. gun has no scope mount, nor is the frame tapped, DJP shooting products makes one that goes from front to rear sight. price is 300$ shipped to your ffl.
I would like to buy it if it is still for sale.
my email is:
wardroyal@charter.net
:
: : Recently saw one of these at a local gun store, appearance is somewhat basic, as most of the russian stuff seems to be, but felt and pointed very well. I would appreciate any info, pro or con on this gun, as to accuracy- ease of mtn. anything that you would care to share. thanks in advance for your assistance.
: : Jerry

wardroyal-at-charter.net.43599.42838