WTB Adjustable Iris Like This One

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Nickster

WTB Adjustable Iris Like This One

Post by Nickster »

Here's a picture of what I'm looking for. I haven't seen these sold recently. These are very simple and made from a couple plastic sheets and a rivet. I think they may have been sold in the Gil Hebard catalog and maybe others. I'm wondering if someone has one for sale or knows where one or two might be available. Thanks.

DSC01699.JPG
DSC01701.JPG
Ade C

Re: WTB Adjustable Iris Like This One

Post by Ade C »

Rover

Post by Rover »

The one you've pictured is a VERY poor design. You need to have the "peep hole" centered on your lens.

Also, you do NOT want to use glasses with vari-focal or bi-focals. Either buy dedicated shooting glasses such as Champion with an optional peep, or stick with custom glasses with the correction for iron sights and forget the peep.
Nickster

Post by Nickster »

I actually use them to sharpen the target and red dot that I use for bullseye. It does sharpen iron sight picture too but I usually shoot indoors and the light is not bright enough for me to shoot irons. So, while this may be a poor design, it does serve the function I want. It is pictured clipped on to my safety glasses which I do use to shoot with. My vision is changing about every 6 months so buying new lenses for my shooting glasses are not in the cards yet.

I have a Gehman clip-on with adjustable iris but this is lighter and much cheaper. I was looking for one for my cousin more than myself. I guess they are not sold new but I was hoping someone had one laying around in their shooting stuff. I think I'll try the buy/sell forum. It would get more attention, I think. Thank you for the help sirs.

Steve
trboat

Post by trboat »

I have one coming in with a pistol being shipped to me.
Brand new in case and I have no need for it.

This one:

https://ahg.anschuetz-sport.com/index.p ... duktID=278

If you can afford to wait a bit as I wait for the gun to arrive I will have this for sale.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Go to the $ Store and buy a pair of glasses that is sharp at infinity. That will sharpen the bull and the dot. If your dot "flares" or is not round, you have astigmatism and need prescription glasses.
MikeMargolis

Post by MikeMargolis »

I have a 37mm iris on my Knobloch shooting glasses.

It helps me tremendously with my red dot. The target is in better focus, and my head is in the proper position.

I bought my Knobloch's on ebay for about $100, with a clear lens and an iris.

Worth every penny, even after I spent almost the same to have my prescription put into the lens holder.
Nickster

Post by Nickster »

Sounds like a nice setup Mike. I have a clip on adjustable iris too but it is a little awkward to use. It'll have to work till I find a better setup. Thanks
trboat

Post by trboat »

I received the iris and have listed it over on the for sale forum:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=62471
WIAKID

Post by WIAKID »

Is the Merit adjustable iris disc (with suction cup) no longer available?
Nickster

Post by Nickster »

I'm not sure about that. I have not seen one advertised lately. I am using the plastic one and getting by with it. Would like to find another for my buddy. He's tried mine and likes it but doesn't want to spend the money for the more mechanical ones. Thanks for the suggestion, I might try to find one.