Pardini SP trigger adjustment

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Emmett

Pardini SP trigger adjustment

Post by Emmett »

Hi y’all,
It’s been a while since I have posted here. I wanted to put in a plug for the thread over in the Olympic shooting subject about the Pardini trigger adjustment. That short thread has a tremendous amount of information available and for the Pardini shooter that has, or is, experiencing a trigger issue, it could save a lot of money, time, and frustration. I have used that thread in the past and knew it was somewhere, I just had trouble finding it. I was testing some loads with my SP in 32 ACP when it suddenly went full auto. First of all, full auto shoots waaaayyy faster than any full auto i shot when in the military. Second, all five rounds went through the exact same hole. Very impressive.
Anyway, I finally found the thread and downloaded all the information and got my gun working again. Thanks to the fellows who contributed to that.
On a separate unrelated note, over the past few years I have shot variety of factory 32ACP just to see how they shoot in my gun. Maybe if I find an affordable brand I wouldn’t have to reload. So I have a small collection of various boxes of 32 I was using to test the gun as I was adjusting all the parts in the trigger. I found half a box of Winchester 71gr FMJ white box that I shot that was pretty impressive. It shot just as tight a groups as the 60g Hornady XTP factory stuff. I chrono’d the rounds and got an average of 900 FPS. The factory Hornady chrono’d at 914 FPS and the load I normally use (60 gr XTP, 1.8 g N310) chrnono’d at 856 FPS. The best groups were, of course, the reloads, but the factory Winchester was perfectly acceptable for my skill level. After about 150 round to confirm the gun was shooting good again the barrel fouled and the groups opened up so it was time to go home.
So, in conclusion, thanks again to the fellows that put the thread together for the Pardini trigger adjustment. It’s a terrific aid.
oldcaster

Re: Pardini SP trigger adjustment

Post by oldcaster »

Shoot relatively soft lead out of your 32 Sp and you will never have to clean your barrel again.
Lablover

Post by Lablover »

Interesting find on the Winchester. Might be a good option for the short line. I’m struggling with any lead in mine
Emmett

Post by Emmett »

Thanks for the encouragement. You have always been very patient with me and my rants. I have fought fouling in my gun for the last couple of years. Previously I had poor results with lead which now I attribute to my loading techniques. Just for grins I loaded the rest of the T&B 62 gr LSWC that I had on hand to shoot just because I wanted to use them up. I made a few different load combos to use up the lead but it was mostly to confirm the proper trigger/sear operation. I was pleasantly surprised to see this result for 1.7 gr Tite Group. I was using just a red dot and a rest at 50 yds. Winds were generally pretty light. So now, I ordered some of T&B’s 64 gr coated LSWC to do some more load tests. Maybe the next test I will try to be a little more exact and consistent with aiming and see how it goes. I haven’t been shooting any matches in quite while as I have been working weekends but I have been mostly shooting my 9mm and .45 which are a bit more accurate. However, I really like shooting the .32 so I’m going to keep trying.
Attachments
BDA29379-465A-44AC-A401-54DB5D4022D7.jpeg
BDA29379-465A-44AC-A401-54DB5D4022D7.jpeg (33.39 KiB) Viewed 2713 times
James Hensler

Post by James Hensler »

Here is the answer for the pistol shooting full auto.
Take the grip off and turn the screw under the rear sight counter clockwise 1/8 of a turn. If needed go 1 more 1/8 turn

I would bet the farm the other 4 rounds went over the target and that’s why only 1 hole