Buck Mark .22LR sight adjustment

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

AJV

Buck Mark .22LR sight adjustment

Post by AJV »

Anyone knows what is the impact move at 25 metres (windage and elevation) for one click at the rear sight?
Thanks.
-TT-

Re: Buck Mark .22LR sight adjustment

Post by -TT- »

There are several different Buckmark rear sights, depending on model and year. But I'm fairly sure that the "target" sights move about 1MOA per click, like most. ~7mm @25m.

Disclaimer - I put a red dot on mine and can't check!
AJV

Post by AJV »

Thank you TT.
It's a 5.5 target with pro target rear sights (16 clicks).
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

Good point on the 5.5", a longer barrel will move less per click. You may have to work out the delta and let us know!
Xman

Post by Xman »

Try rimfire central.com
AJV

Post by AJV »

Thank you both. When I have a conclusion I will post it here.
oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

The best thing you can do is measure how far the sight moves with 10 clicks with a caliper and then divide by 10 so you know how far one click is. Then measure exactly how far apart the front and back sight are. Then find out how many times that length goes into the distance you want. I suggest 50 yards. So basically measure how far the sight moves in one click and divide how many times the sights are apart into 50 yards. Then multiply the distance the sight moves with the number of times the sight length would go in fifty yards and you have the answer.
AJV

Post by AJV »

oldcaster wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:39 pm The best thing you can do is measure how far the sight moves with 10 clicks with a caliper and then divide by 10 so you know how far one click is. Then measure exactly how far apart the front and back sight are. Then find out how many times that length goes into the distance you want. I suggest 50 yards. So basically measure how far the sight moves in one click and divide how many times the sights are apart into 50 yards. Then multiply the distance the sight moves with the number of times the sight length would go in fifty yards and you have the answer.
I will try. Thanks.
oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

If you want it even more accurate, turn the sight all the way to one side and then all the way to the other and divide by the number of clicks but 10 will probably do it for you. Make sure you write it down afterwards like I do and put it somewhere you won't forget, unlike I do. I have a list in my gun box of how far 1 click 2 clicks and so on goes but I didn't write which gun.