Home-grown trigger weight designs?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Stan Pace

Home-grown trigger weight designs?

Post by Stan Pace »

Does anyone have a simple and inexpensive design recommendation for making up ISSF pistol trigger weights? I need to set up three pistols with trigger weights of 500, 1,000 and 1,360 grams.
Ideally, I'd like to be able to go to Home Depot or Lowes and pick up what I need to get this done. I have an idea of how to do this, but I'm sure someone has already figured out a solution that works well.
TIA

Lanning R. Hochhauser

Re: Home-grown trigger weight designs?

Post by Lanning R. Hochhauser »

Stan, I'm cheap, so I took a length of string, a coat hanger and a 2 quart plastic milk container. I used a good scale and filed the plastic jug to the desired weight and I had my fixed trigger weight. Remember to weight the string, piece of coat hanger and to to jug with the jug.
: Does anyone have a simple and inexpensive design recommendation for making up ISSF pistol trigger weights? I need to set up three pistols with trigger weights of 500, 1,000 and 1,360 grams.
: Ideally, I'd like to be able to go to Home Depot or Lowes and pick up what I need to get this done. I have an idea of how to do this, but I'm sure someone has already figured out a solution that works well.
: TIA

lanningh-at-datair.com.42232.42231
Ken Grasing

Re: Home-grown trigger weight designs?

Post by Ken Grasing »

Stan,
I made up weights for checking jr. rifle and service rifle. I hand bent a piece of brass rod, from Home Depot, for the "hook", and ran it through a pipe cap I drilled. A short pipe nipple and another end cap completed the "weight". I used sand to fill the chamber to the desired weight. Your local post office or deli will have a "checked" or "certified" scale you generally can get use of for a few minutes. Only caution is that you label, document, and take precautions against the possibility that the weight is mistaken for a "destructive device".
KG

Roland Cannon

Scientific stores

Post by Roland Cannon »

I went to a local chemical shop and bought a weight for the airpistol trigger. The shop was basically a front for the local drug dealers....you should have listened to the questions..."Why do you need only one 500 gram weight, Holmes???"
Still, I think the weight was 5.00. Very cheap.