after market front site for Morini 162EI

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Jeff Jordan

after market front site for Morini 162EI

Post by Jeff Jordan »

Hi folks,
I am a bullseye shooter using Pardini equipment, and just got bit by the air bug. I just bought a 162EI. I visited Camp Perry last week during the nationals and had a chance to dry fire many different models.
Here's my question, and remember, I am a neophyte. I have noticed that at 10 meters, the front site covers pretty much the entire black area of the target. I am accustomed to using a red dot placed on a 50 ft. B-2/B-3 target and being able to clearly see the X ring.
I need to understand how air is different. I can't tell when I'm in the 8, 9, or 10 area of a 10 meter target. I just know that the front site is covering the black, so I am confident I am in there somewhere.
Does anyone with this Morini have this issue? It seems to me that a much slimmer blade front sight would be in order. Since the rear sight notch can be adjusted for width, it would seem that you could make a blade type front sight work very well.
Does anyone have advice on a different front sight to use, or perhaps I just need to readjust my thinking when shooting air and perhaps the front sight I have is fine??
One other thing. A black sight on a black target makes it very hard to orient the shot for me. I put some white paint designed for this purpose on the front and it helps some. Are there any other options for this like perhaps fiber optic fronts?
thanks very much for any help here.

jjordan5-at-columbus.rr.com.42205.0
LesJ

Re: after market front site for Morini 162EI

Post by LesJ »

Morini makes different front sights sizes. Pilkigton has them at very good prices. As far as hold, you will benefit from switching to sub six o'clock hold and learning to trust your hold.
PW

Post by PW »

Definitely hold somewhere generally under the black, and concentrate on the sight alignment. Otherwise you are going to start snatching the trigger when it's "in the black".

: Morini makes different front sights sizes. Pilkigton has them at very good prices. As far as hold, you will benefit from switching to sub six o'clock hold and learning to trust your hold.

TCK

Post by TCK »

For most ISSF events that require the using of an open sight system. Most shooters find it easier to score better with a sub-six sighting. Which implies that you concentrate on the front/rear sight alignment and have the black ball (Black area of the target) sit on your sight. In such case, the best thing is to choice a front sight that looks like to have the same width of the black ball on your sight picture.
One very interesting point is Centre fire (ISSF type) which complies of 2 shooting principle, precision and rapid fire and 2 type of targets are used. In the presicion stage, most shooters will use the sub-six aim and in the rapid stage, where most uses a centre hold. As a result, all these shooters must reset their sight to shoot lower (Usually 8 - 10 clicks) in order to go back to the centre. Also of the same reason, that is why 2 sighting series are allowed.
One other sport that
Mako

Post by Mako »

When I was shooting BullsEye ... I used a fluorescent translucent orange front sight on my air guns ... and used a center hold ... now that I'm concentrating on air and free pistol, I've gone back to using a sub six hold ... and a black front sight whose width corresponds to the width of the black. There are two different orange plastic front sights ... the better one, IMHO, is the Kornoptik one, with a rotatable triangular front sight with three diameters, available for most match air pistols. I believe it's available from Center Shot Sports, 703-266-1874 ... it might also be called the Klick Pistol Front sight ... let then know which pistol you need it for.
Don Nygord ... www.nygord.com ... sells the other type of orange front sight.
Also ... some centerfire/sports pistol shooters change their out their rear sights instead of adjusting their rear sight when going to timed fire ...
makofoto-at-earthlink.net.42218.42208