Centerfire Psitol

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

James W.

Centerfire Psitol

Post by James W. »

Hi guys,
Any good recommendation as to a good and reliable .32 Centerfire pistol and the brand of ammo. that I should purchase?
I am going into competitive shooting
Thank you in advance
James

tck

Re: Centerfire Psitol

Post by tck »

I would like to recommend the GSP Expert, it is a compeititon pistol in and out. Easy to dissemble for cleaning and maintainance. Provide guite a large range of adjustments for different shooters, e.g. several front sight and rear sight widths, trigger adjustments, even the buffer/absorber adjustments, etc.
As for ammo, Walther recommends Laupa which is unfortunately, on the expensive side. However, one friend using the PMC finds that it has problem in cycling though on the spec., the PMC bullet wieght and velocity have little difference with the Laupa.

Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

: Any good recommendation as to a good and reliable .32 Centerfire pistol and the brand of ammo.
Up near the top of my wishlist is the Pardini HP
http://www.pardini.it/
http://www.nygord-precision.com/
Partially because the US importer is nearby for me. I currently shoot a Pardini .22 belonging to a friend and really like it.
I would reload, but I found the PMC ammo very accurate in another (non competition) .32 I own. So if i couldn't reload, I'd consider that.
good shooting

Poole
http://arizona.rifleshooting.com/

bill-at-poole.com.42103.42101
Mako

Post by Mako »

If you are gooing to shoot Centerfire ... you must do your own reloading ... unless you are VERY well off. Good .32 ammo is expensive. If you are going to shoot competatively ... you will need to shoot a lot ... top shooters can easily shoot 20,000 rounds a year. Even the cheaper Fiocchi ammo is $250 for a 1,000 rounds. Also .32 reloading supplies aren't super cheap. I just bought 2,000 H&N Match Wadcutter bullets ... $132 w/ shipping. There are cheaper bullets that are fine for practice ammo however ...
I also spent a good $800 for reloading gear when I started shooting .32 and .45 centerfire matches.
I tired out the Walther GSP ... didn't like the upright narrow grip ... other after market grips are available ... and the Walther quality is great. I personally like the Pardini HP .32 with it's more broken wrist type grips. Actually I don't like my HP ... I love it! Fits me great!

makofoto-at-earthlink.net.42105.42101
Jim Fabanich

Post by Jim Fabanich »

: I currently shoot a Hammerli SP20 in .32, also have the 22 conversion. I find it better balanced than the GSP and quicker on recovery in rapid fire. Also a scope mount is available that mounts well low enough to leave on the pistol for iron sight shooting. I test my reloads with a dot sight and shot a recent (local club) Bulllseye match. Though not a good 50yard pistol the 32 is excellant at 25yrds/mtrs.
IMHO,
jim
jimfabanich-at-comcast.net.42110.42101
Larry Lohkamp

Post by Larry Lohkamp »

Does it have to be an automatic?

I use a S&W #15 with a 6" barrel in 38 special and managed a 550 with it in competition last fall. I thought about switching to an auto this spring and asked a former US Olympic team member and holder of a number of national records in various pistol disciplines what he felt the 32 auto had as an advantage over my revolver. He felt that there was no advantage for international shooting. As a side benefit, 38 special is cheaper, easier to obtain, and easier to reload for.

Now understand, I sure wouldn't turn down a Pardini HP if it was offered, and I seriously considered a FAS 603 this spring. Just remember, at the end of the match, its the shooter with good and consistant trigger control that wins.
: Hi guys,
: Any good recommendation as to a good and reliable .32 Centerfire pistol and the brand of ammo. that I should purchase?
: I am going into competitive shooting
: Thank you in advance
: James

David M

and Revolver

Post by David M »

Don't forget the Match grade revolvers from Manurhin in both .32 and .38, well worth a look.
Jeff Jordan

Post by Jeff Jordan »

: Hi guys,
: Any good recommendation as to a good and reliable .32 Centerfire pistol and the brand of ammo. that I should purchase?
: I am going into competitive shooting
: Thank you in advance
: James
James, Let me throw my opinion behind the Pardini HP .32 as well. I am a little biased as I have been using the Pardini SP 22 for sometime in bullseye. The HP is identical except that the frame is bulked up a little.
The trigger is everything with this pistol. I have shot many a Euro pistol, and I have found nothing as sweet as a Pardini trigger-adjustable 5 ways from Sunday. I also like the barrel weights in the HP .32. You can configure them several ways for different weights and distribution.
And finally, Don Nygord, the Pardini man is the absolute greatest person to work with, bar none. He's up their with Larry Carter and Steve Pilkington. I have bought 6 pistols from him over the past year. He not only has expert advice with the background to back it up, his customer service is second to none. He takes care of his customers in a very special way not seen often today.
regarding ammo, I agree with others-you MUST reload. Not just for savings, but to taylor your loads to the gun and the shooting situation. Absolutely essential to load you own if you want the utmost in accuracy.

jjordan5-at-columbus.rr.com.42187.42101
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

: regarding ammo, I agree with others-you MUST reload. Not just for savings, but to taylor your loads to the gun and the shooting situation. Absolutely essential to load you own if you want the utmost in accuracy.
How do the international shooters who don't reload do it?
The guys I visited in HK shot Lapua .32
Poole
http://arizona.rifleshooting.com/

bill-at-poole.com.42190.42187
David M

Post by David M »

: How do the international shooters who don't reload do it?
They spend lots of money, shoot factory Lapua, and only shoot Centrefire once every four years at the World Champs.
PW

Post by PW »

Don't the World Champions etc get free cartons of Lapua .32? Wish I could collect their brass :)

:
: : How do the international shooters who don't reload do it?
: They spend lots of money, shoot factory Lapua, and only shoot Centrefire once every four years at the World Champs.