Morini 162EI accidental discharge

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

spork

Morini 162EI accidental discharge

Post by spork »

I was practicing a few minutes ago until my Morini discharged on its own. I don`t know where it hit but I recovered the pellet. I have no idea what is causing this. I just removed the grip and saw that part #162088B is bent out of shape. Could this be the problem?
LesJ

Re: Morini 162EI accidental discharge

Post by LesJ »

I am not sure, but that washer works like shock absorber when plunger slams against solenoid. By being out of shape it provides cushion affect. It is like that in my air and free pistol. That's my guess. As far as accidental discharge I have no clue.
tck

Post by tck »

Excuse me, I own a Morini 162EI too but of an earlier model which uses the 15 volt battery instead of 2 AAA type. On the exploded diagram I cannot locate the part no. you mentioned, can you provide a bit more explaination.
As for your discharge problem, I would like to ask one question, did you adjust the velocity of your AP recently by turning the screw 162077 at the back panel.
This mechanism conncects to the bar no. 162029 in front which engages the sear no. 162032. Sometimes if you turn it over the range the sear cannot be engaged secure enough and will result in accidental discharge.

David M

Post by David M »

The washer is ment to be bent, it acts as a buffer and a return spring for the solenoid.
The discharge could have been a number of things,
you may not have opened the loading chamber far enough to completely re set the sear and hammer. The other thing,is a discharge by the soleniod. This can be caused by trigger action, very fine setting of second stage travel,micro switch not resetting (possible dirt or grit) or a board malfunction.
I will lay my money on not being fully recocked.
Keep using using the pistol, and if it happens again get a qualified person to look at it.

LesJ

Post by LesJ »

Look at: http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/cm162eexe.jpg .
It is between plunger and solenoid .
spork

Post by spork »

My Morini is no longer discharging on its own. Thanks for your help.
spork

Post by spork »

: My Morini is no longer discharging on its own. Although the cause is still a mystery, David M could be right about the "trigger switch not resetting" .... because of "dirt or grit". Three days before the malfunction, my dad and I drove 560 miles to and from Bullhead City to have my Morini 162EI AP grip refitted by 'grip-master' Seaton Thomas (he re-fitted both my Morini FP and AP grips and he did an excellent job; it's worth the trip, time, and money spent; now my grips fit my hand like a glove!). There was a lot of (disassembling and) sanding done (3-hour work) and dirt my have gone into the electronic and mechanical parts. I cleaned the gun when we got home, but may not have cleaned it thoroughly. Last night, we cleaned it again with compressed air and compressed gas dusters. No accidental discharge since.
Thank you all for your help.