Blockage in barrel

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

TexasMom

Blockage in barrel

Post by TexasMom »

Hi-
I'm hoping someone out there can help me. We got the string we were using to pull thru & clean stuck in the barrel of my sons' Walther LG300 today. The monofilament fishing line broke & left the strings very tightly stuck. We tried firing air a couple of times, but that didn't work. It's firmly lodged in there. We want to dislodge the string without doing any damage. Any ideas, suggestions, previous experience would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

nmbb4118-at-hotmail.com.41997.0
Zollman

Re: Blockage in barrel

Post by Zollman »

If possible, completely remove the barrel and compensator. Once removed, drop several drops of gun oil into the barrel (prefereably from both ends, though it might be messy). With a very SOFT BRASS rod (check your local hobbie/RC Car-Plane shop), and from the breech end, gently tap out the obstruction. Swab the bore several times with a dry patch and reassemble.
Good Luck
Zollman

ted

Re: Blockage in barrel

Post by ted »

I would like to add one recommendation to what Zollman said. I would use a wood dowel from a hobby store instead of a brass rod. You should be able to find one that is just big enough to fit in the barrel and with a wood dowel, there is virtually no chance that the barrel will get damaged and if you are unable to remove the barrel, then you could try pushing the obstruction out from the muzzle end with the wood dowel. IF any of these should not work, I would not hesitate to send it to Warren at their shop. He is a great gunsmith and I am sure he has dealt with these kind of things before. Good luck and let me know how things come out!