Where to buy Pistol boxes now?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Chuckiep

Where to buy Pistol boxes now?

Post by Chuckiep »

I know i posted earlier about strong box, but now where do shooters buy pistol boxes from? I need like 15 of them.
batty

Re: Where to buy Pistol boxes now?

Post by batty »

Is that pistol box as in for transport if so heavy duty or not? or pistol box as in “all goodies inc plus scope mounting point” box?
CR10X

Post by CR10X »

Strong Case, Gun-Ho, Pachmayr, etc. are all out of business. For one or two boxes, you'll have to hunt down something worth using on e-bay. I spend a lot of time tracking down boxes, keys and scopes for new shooters and it takes me all winter to find 2 or 3 really good ones. I've got a couple in process (getting cleaned up, finding keys, scope mounts, etc.) for this upcoming season.

For 15 boxes (?!) the only real production (small) I know of is Precision Pistol Box
https://www.precisionpistolbox.com/apps/webstore/
It will generally say "sold out" or "coming soon", but you just contact him and place your order.

The only other option know of for that many is a Pelican case (something about 8 to inches deep to clear scope mounted bullseye guns like a 1560) with Trekpak insert for dividers (not the foam - it collapses and tears up over time and takes up more space) and lid stays (takes a good search to find those darn things). You have to fabricate an offset to get the scope mount to clear the lid. Contact me if you want to discuss how to set these up.

Cecil
x90rider

Post by x90rider »

We have bought a few of these aluminum boxes. They need a few minor modifications but they work well.
https://hyskore.com/products/30259-comp ... range-box/
CarrieC

Post by CarrieC »

If you are looking for the 'stores 3 guns and all of the your other stuff' kind I have one for sale.
If you are looking for the pelican type case I know USA Shooting members have a discounted rate with a company. Check their website.
dam8

Post by dam8 »

[ive been known to make box’s. Pm me and we can talk
Hamster

Post by Hamster »

There's a good looking modern 4 gun alternative from Canatek, in Ontario, Canada, priced at CDN$449, or about US$332 (plus shipping, and you'd probably have to pay Ontario's 13% sales tax). Apparently that includes a spotting scope. the guns are held in a block with a single pin to lock 'em up. Birch laminate with melamine coating in various colours. I haven't seen one personally (and I seldom take 4 guns anywhere) so cannot offer a review.
https://canatekgunworks.com/
Lyn

Post by Lyn »

Thank you for your posting. A complete description of our products is outlined on our web side. Our gun boxes use our trademark locking gun block which has a single pin lockup eliminating the use of individual trigger locks. The locking gun block is modular to the gun box tray itself so you may grab an entire block of handguns from your lock up and put them in the tray of your gun box. We are a 100% Canadian owned and operated company. All of our products are manufactured in Ontario Canada.

For veteran Bullseye shooters we have a direct plug and play replacement tray for your vintage gun box with our locking gun block built in. If you have any questions, just drop me a line at lyn.chapman@canatekinc.com Our web site is at canatekgunworks.com While we have off the shelf products to accommodate revolvers up to and including the S&W 500, we can create specific custom solutions to fulfill any requirement you may have.

Canatek is a commercial member of the CCFR.
tray999

Post by tray999 »

Here is another choice:

https://precisionpistolbox.com

Got one for my son, great boxes!!!
jglenn

Post by jglenn »

jbzeus

Post by jbzeus »

M&M Pawnbrokers in Davenport, Iowa has two large boxes for sale in his shop. The metal ones from TnB Enterprises.

Jeff
green_chile

Post by green_chile »

tray999 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:36 pm Here is another choice:

https://precisionpistolbox.com

Got one for my son, great boxes!!!
I have one of Greg's boxes for 3 pistols. Quality product, super fast delivery and a great guy and fellow bullseye shooter! Some boxes look cheap but not this one.
rkittine

Post by rkittine »

I was looking for the same thing. I called Greg and we discussed what I wanted. He custom made me one that is big enough for the largest Free Pistol (Morini Carbon) that I might buy and two trays. One for Bullseye Guns and one for Free Pistols. Very light for what it is. Beautiful Spotting Scope mount and lots of room for all of my accessories, ammo, timers, cartridge blocks, ear muffs etc. Three magnetic magazine strips. Was done in almost no time and shipped to my door. Great Box, Great Guy to work with.

Bob
PISTOL BOX RS.jpg
PISTOL BOX RS.jpg (47.06 KiB) Viewed 13087 times
rkittine@aol.com
Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York
WA2YDV
green_chile

Post by green_chile »

Mine is very close to your design...just a little narrower. I get a lot of compliments on it.
Tyro

Post by Tyro »

http://www.ziegeleng.com/ makes a very robust aluminum BE case. The model they feature is a 4 gun version, but they can make them smaller.
The company makes all sorts of customer specified cases in aluminum and titanium.
&
Ken Saunders is selling his boxes through Larry's - https://www.larrysguns.com/Products/NEW ... c-GB3.aspx
NickCats

Post by NickCats »

I’m selling my dads Shooters Range wooden Pistol box if your interested. It looks like he never used it. Old but new (brass hinge hardware needs polishing. It’s unfinished wood. I live in another state so will have measurements and pics the end of Feb2021. lmk if your interested. Price $100. Shipping cost $65 can’t figure out how to ship it cheaper since boxing it will be in a big box. Selling all his equipment.
Xman

Post by Xman »

NickCats wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:09 pm I’m Selling all his equipment.
Can you post in this forum the other equipment from Bullseye or whatever that you are selling.

Of course go the buy/sell/ trade forum For posting.
hermantkoza

Post by hermantkoza »

Hi
New to the forum and i hope i get this right.
I have just received my new Canatek pistol range box. https://canatekgunworks.com

Very interesting design. In some respects it is simply a very upgraded Pachmayr box, benefitting from the feedback of a lot of Pachmayr users.
It has the same flip up side panel with spotting scope (included), a slide-out shelf that holds 3 or 4 handguns, cubby holes underneath for other stuff.
Made of box jointed birch ply 3/8" thick so really strong, finished in an industrial coating. The side of the unit has a box drawer that slides in under the pistols to hold eyes and ears and other stuff. The back panel is a slotted pocket to hold about 25 targets without folding.
The BIG difference, other than the supremo build quality is the use of a removable Gun Block that consists of stacked modules to suit the size of your gun...S&W500? Bullseye pistol with target grip? Air pistol with target grip? or a couple of glocks a k-frame and a P210? If i get the images in here, they show my air pistol, K frame and bullseye pistol with target grip. I take the Gun Block out of the case and stick it in my safe when at home. Will probably order another block if i get into competition guns.
No trigger locks necessary as the case uses an approved locking rod through all the trigger guards. There are keyed alike tubular locks on both compartments and a monoblock lock for the gun lock bar. Nice stuff.
The packaging is awesome!!! you'd think he was packing the Mona Lisa. I think this means he is really proud of his work.
BTW, if you live outside of Canada (where they are made), you pay no canadian taxes.
Attachments
CanTek 1a.jpg
Gun Block 2.jpg
Drawer 2.jpg
hermantkoza

Post by hermantkoza »

Hi again
Quick update on my Canatek range box. I just purchased a pair of Walther GSP Experts in .22 and .32 and asked Lyn which of hos many modular gun blocks I should order.
The GSP in .32 is characterized by not only a wide grip but also a very large pair of knobs for the purpose of cocking the pistol, plus of course the forward magazine compartment.
Lyn requested some photos and dimensions from which he created a 3D CAD drawing and then a block to accept the guns perfectly. Amazingly, all was done an in my hands in about 3 weeks. Too often, when one aske for a special or custom product, the result looks like it was made in the shed out back. This gun block is exactly the same superb quality as everything else Lyn does. And the cost was nowhere near what i thought it would be for that much work.
Gun Block 2.jpg