Are weights "part of" an AP?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Jerry LeVan

Are weights "part of" an AP?

Post by Jerry LeVan »

Hi,
I was browsing some pictures of AP's and saw the SAM K-11. It is my understanding that AP's have to fit into a box in order to be "legal" for competition.
With the K-11s antenna style balance weights it is hard to believe that it would fit into any reasonably sized box.
I am currently adding a bit of weight to the front end of my morini by stuffing several quarters and a cotton ball into a 35MM plastic film cartridge container and pushing it onto the end of the air cylinder. This extends the length of the morini by about a half an inch.
Are there limitations as to what can be added to an AP?
---Jerry
jerry.levan-at-eku.edu.41930.0
Sandy santibanez

Re: Are weights "part of" an AP?

Post by Sandy santibanez »

ISSF rule 8.16.0
The Pistol Specification Table requires that air pistols must fit in a box that measures 420 x 200 x 50 (mm). A manufacturing tolerance of the Rectangular Measuring Box of 0.0 mm to + 1.0 mm in each dimension is permitted.
Unless you have the short barrel Morini it will not fit in the box with the added lenght. Add the weights UNDER the cylinder and you will OK. That would also lower the center of gravity and perhaps make your hold a little more stable.
The total weight of the pistol not to exceed 1500 g. Trigger Pull must be 500+ g.
The SAM 11 does fit in the box with the antenna lowered. Remember, the grip of the pistol takes up a lot of space at the other end of the box.
tenx-at-san.rr.com.41938.41930
Sandy Santibanez

Re: Are weights "part of" an AP?

Post by Sandy Santibanez »

I should have said "the short cylinder". The standard barrel with standard cylinder just fits in the box.

tenx-at-san.rr.com.41940.41938