GSP Expert?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Paul

GSP Expert?

Post by Paul »

Hello,
I'm going to look at a Walther GSP Expert tomorrow. Is there anything about the GSP I should know before buying one? Would a Pardini SP or an FWB AW93 be a better choice?
Thanks,
Paul, Boston
pmo187-at-aol.com.41870.0
Patrick

Re: GSP Expert?

Post by Patrick »

Hi Paul.
The big deal is cost: the Pardini Sp is roughly 64% of teh cost of the Walther GSP Expert. My girlfriend and I went to buy a GSP Expert (I own a pair of older GSPs in .22 and .32), then we both picked up the Pardini. It pointed better, more naturally than the Walther. The GSP has a more upright military grip, whereas the Pardini has a lower barrel line and relaxed grip.
We also noted that the Expert's design was slightly different than the older GSP. It didn't tear apart as nicely and swapping parts seemed a bit more complicated. I had to adjust a screw on the trigger mechanism to get it in; whereas, in the past, the Walther triggers swapped without any problem. Also, the lever for removing the barrel would occasionally get in the way of the recoil absorber.
At the USA World Cup, I didn't see many Experts or FWB AW93s, but I did see alot of Pardini SPs.
Good shooting.
Patrick
haynes-at-targetshooting.ca.41872.41870
Another Paul

Post by Another Paul »

I just looked at the Walther, Pardini and Hammerli.
I see so many Pardini's around lately, shooting so well and priced so low that I thought that I would buy one. I looked carefully at the Walther and Hammerli just to do my due diligence work.
In the end, I bought the Hammerli. It felt better in my hand, and although I was worried about the plastic grip, it still felt a lot better than the grip on the Pardini (which was pretty good too). By the time I bought another magazine and Rink grip for the Pardini, it would have cost as much as the Hammerli.
Don't ask if my scores are better, I probably will never know. They are all great guns that will all shoot well, better than I ever will.
Enjoy,
Paul
Too many Pauls here - nee

Post by Too many Pauls here - nee »

The big points to look at are:
a) Overall weight
b) balance
c) grip angle
The GSP is quite unique in some ways and still not very flexible. If it doesn't suit you, there are not many possibilities to make it so. The grip in itself is not an argument. They are made from wood are plastic so they can be fitted. But to change the angle is difficult, because of size restrictions and trigger position. So check carefully and try to test-shoot all of your candidates.
pkuemin-at-gmx.net.41883.41872
Bob

Post by Bob »

Paul, I sold my old GSP's (.22 & .32) and got two of the new GSP Experts. I still love the Walther's and they will still shoot better tnen I can hold them. An interesting side note is my scores did come up with the new guns, not sure why though. Shooting with Leupold/Gilmore dots 2MOA.
tck

Post by tck »

If you are going to shoot both .22 & .32, then GSP Expert will be a better choice. The conversion kit is really simple to insert into the frame and as its catalogue mentions, not more than a minute.
However, as other comments said, the grip angle is different from one maker from another, so if score is your primary concern, then try all the pistols you mention.

Mike Chapel

Post by Mike Chapel »

I'm an GSP Expert user. When i bought my GSP Exp i was an Walther "enemy". I tryed the old GSP and it don't fitted in my hand. The weight was at the end of the pistol, too much for me.
I tryed the new GSP Expert, and the weight fit more between my hand and the end of the pistol.
Other shooters of my Club tryed it and every body say's that's is a great pistol.
The only thing that is wrong is the handgrip, because my hand is big and the size that I bought was medium.
The trigger is very easy to adjust and the recoil is very slow ...
I'm afraid to have buy an GSP Expert...
See you in the World Chmpion (jajaja =;-D)
Best regards from Spain
mcapilla-at-arrakis.es.41959.41870