SK Jagd Pistol Match .22 LR

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Michael

SK Jagd Pistol Match .22 LR

Post by Michael »

I have shot a few thousand of this ammo in my Hammerli 208s. My only complaint is that it is rather "soft" especially in cold weather. The slide doesn't always lock back after the last round is fired. Putting some oil on the top round in the magazine does help. My question is, Has anyone tried the SK Jagd Pistol Match "Special"? This ammo is supposed to have a little higher velocity. I thought it might work the slide with a little more authority. If it is as accurate I'll probably switch. BTW, I've also tried the Wolf Match Target which is made by SK Jagd and it was softer than the PM so I got a malfunction in less than 50 rounds.
Mako

Re: SK Jagd Pistol Match .22 LR

Post by Mako »

--==NO MESSAGE FOUND==--
.41860.-1
Michael

Post by Michael »

As I recall, I tried the regular SK Jagd and it was not all that accurate out of my gun. I'll have to go back to my machine rest data and confirm that.
: What about using regular SK Jagd? Less expensive and still very accurate. I noticed some fellows using that for their free pistols at the US Nationals last month ...

Bob

Post by Bob »

The 'Special' is for those pistols that need a little more blow back to function properly. Due to powder and primer mix changes this became necessary in recent years. My old GSP's needed the 'Special' Eley and/or SK to function everytime reliably. My new GSP Experts function well with just the regular pistol match. Been using this for over two years and no problems to report. I also use SK in my smallbore rifle with good results.