Switching guns? Your experiences?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Questor

Switching guns? Your experiences?

Post by Questor »

I'd like your experinces with situations like this:
I have been concentrating on shooting one particular gun well, a 45 caliber Pardini. I have done no practice with my 22 or 1911. Recently, when I picked up my 22 it felt strange and it took about 20 rounds to get back into the groove of shooting sustained fire with it. I "threw" a few shots, yielding 6's during slow fire.
My experience was similar with the 1911. I was shooting quite badly with it and after 50 rounds I was just getting the feel of it again.
Is this typical when switching guns?
PETE

A skill like anyother...

Post by PETE »

Switching guns is a distraction, or I should say, can be a distraction. But only if YOU let be a distraction. Consider the change to be part of training. Training to make the adjustments for different trigger weights, grips, grip angles, etc not to influence the fundamentals of shooting like sight alignment and smooth triggger squeeze....

:I'd like your experinces with situations like this:
: I have been concentrating on shooting one particular gun well, a 45 caliber Pardini. I have done no practice with my 22 or 1911. Recently, when I picked up my 22 it felt strange and it took about 20 rounds to get back into the groove of shooting sustained fire with it. I "threw" a few shots, yielding 6's during slow fire.
: My experience was similar with the 1911. I was shooting quite badly with it and after 50 rounds I was just getting the feel of it again.
: Is this typical when switching guns?

Paul

Re: Switching guns? Your experiences?

Post by Paul »

: Is this typical when switching guns?
Yes. I get this switching between air, .22 and cf. With the different trigger weights, I find if I dry fire 20 or 30 shots, it helps my brain remember how the gun behaves.