indoor basement range lighing, Help.

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

kent

indoor basement range lighing, Help.

Post by kent »

Gentlemen/Ladies,
What type of lighting is best for indoor range? Some of the photos I've seen look like some sort of incandescent yellow. I have a room in my basement dedicated to my shop/ airgun range and will be able to change the lighting around to suit my needs.Any tips opinions appreciated. tia.
Richard Ashmore

Re: indoor basement range lighing, Help.

Post by Richard Ashmore »

I put a four foot, two tube flourescent fixture above my shooting bench and another at the target line. I can easily see the sights and the targets.
govtmodel-at-budweiser.com.41839.41834
Cleen Shot 22

Post by Cleen Shot 22 »

If you use flourescent lighting opt for the HO lights due to the low cycle rate of the other. the ho's cycle at I believe 85 hz. this rate will keep it easier on the eyes. You may also find useing spots lights on the target of 65 watts from your 8 foot ceiling will bring up the brightness to the recommended levels. One spot per target should do the trick.

Rodm

Post by Rodm »

: Gentlemen/Ladies,
: What type of lighting is best for indoor range? Some of the photos I've seen look like some sort of incandescent yellow. I have a room in my basement dedicated to my shop/ airgun range and will be able to change the lighting around to suit my needs.Any tips opinions appreciated. tia.

Two suggestions. At home I bought a cheep track lighting set and hung it from the ceiling over the target. With two spots it does a great job of lighting the target area. When I was running matches at a local range there wasn't any light at 33 ft. so I bought several Halagin lamps that would sit on the floor ( or they could be hung from the ceiling ). Each 500 watt lamp would light three targets very nicely. Over the shooting stand at home just a standard overhead fixture works well.
ramadsen-at-iname.com.41866.41834
Michael Ray

Post by Michael Ray »

: Gentlemen/Ladies,
: What type of lighting is best for indoor range?
A mixture of fluorescent and incandescent. So I'd use FL fixtures for general lighting and have a spot on the target. The Sius systems use a 50W mimi-flood 14" from the target.
Sandy Santibanez

Post by Sandy Santibanez »

I would like to suggest that you try to balance the level of illumination so that it corresponds to ISSF rule 6.3.15.4 so that you practice under match conditions. There is a diagram showing how to measure.
Readings can be made with a photographic light meter using the incident mode.
An EV of 8.6 = 1000 lux (aprox)
7.0 = 320 lux
Ideally ranges should be fairly close to these standards.

tenx-at-san.rr.com.41936.41834