Question re: lube for P70 action etc - TSI 301, or Militech

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Frank

Question re: lube for P70 action etc - TSI 301, or Militech

Post by Frank »

Thanks in advance for any help here -
I picked up a used P70 jr recently, LOVE the gun, great accuracy and fun to shoot. The wear / friction areas where the cocking linkages hinge and slide on the reciever look really dry and a bit dirty.
I was reading the info on TSI 301, it seemed to be a great product to clean these areas, and to some degree lube them, but I don't know how it really rates as a lube.
I know one has to be careful what one uses around seals, but what are the good options here?
Militech 1 dries and still provides good lubrication, thought about using a very small amount of that, or a very small amount of Tetra grease...
Any advice here would be appreciated!
I've also got an Air Arms Pro Target, the cocking / sliding action on it could use a touch of lubing as well, I'm thinking the TSI 301 would be a good option there. Advice? Thanks!
bestnet-at-mail.com.41818.0
Chuck Marsh

Re: Question re: lube for P70 action etc - TSI 301, or Milit

Post by Chuck Marsh »

Hello Frank,
I use TSI301 in my Anschutz 2002CA It works very well seems to be excellent for cleaning rifle bores, no more flyers, its the best I've used thus far. I still use the Anschutz factory lube
on the bolt operating slide.
Regards Chuck Marsh
: Thanks in advance for any help here -
: I picked up a used P70 jr recently, LOVE the gun, great accuracy and fun to shoot. The wear / friction areas where the cocking linkages hinge and slide on the reciever look really dry and a bit dirty.
: I was reading the info on TSI 301, it seemed to be a great product to clean these areas, and to some degree lube them, but I don't know how it really rates as a lube.
: I know one has to be careful what one uses around seals, but what are the good options here?
: Militech 1 dries and still provides good lubrication, thought about using a very small amount of that, or a very small amount of Tetra grease...
: Any advice here would be appreciated!
: I've also got an Air Arms Pro Target, the cocking / sliding action on it could use a touch of lubing as well, I'm thinking the TSI 301 would be a good option there. Advice? Thanks!

yankee1_1-at-hotmail.com.41820.41818
Ken J

White Lithium Grease

Post by Ken J »

Use white lithium grease on all your moving parts. Costs next to nothing and works better than most others.
Ken J

: Thanks in advance for any help here -
: I picked up a used P70 jr recently, LOVE the gun, great accuracy and fun to shoot. The wear / friction areas where the cocking linkages hinge and slide on the reciever look really dry and a bit dirty.
: I was reading the info on TSI 301, it seemed to be a great product to clean these areas, and to some degree lube them, but I don't know how it really rates as a lube.
: I know one has to be careful what one uses around seals, but what are the good options here?
: Militech 1 dries and still provides good lubrication, thought about using a very small amount of that, or a very small amount of Tetra grease...
: Any advice here would be appreciated!
: I've also got an Air Arms Pro Target, the cocking / sliding action on it could use a touch of lubing as well, I'm thinking the TSI 301 would be a good option there. Advice? Thanks!