Redding T7 press issue

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Ed333

Redding T7 press issue

Post by Ed333 »

I have my Redding T7 mounted on a Strong bench mount, and put a plastic container under the Strong mount to catch the spent primers. I decap as a separate operation, and do not use the plastic tube. Recently I have had the spent primers jam up inside the 1” diameter hollow ram the spent primer collection channel. I can use a pipe cleaner to pull out the ones accumulating on the top end, but that is only a temporary fix, the jam is inside. I tried running a wire up the exit , no luck, and fiddling a wire or pipe cleaner down from the top has not loosened it up. Any suggestions? It is getting to be a pain, with loose primers bubbling up and out the top and bouncing to the floor, not a good working conditions scenario.
Black_Talon

Re: Redding T7 press issue

Post by Black_Talon »

Try getting in from the bottom with your wire, maybe even with a tiny "hook" or bend at the end of it. Work on it for a while to make sure every last one is out.

Once you have a jam-up, it's easy to have one or two primers remain stuck at the bottom of the ram where the bend in the tube is. It'll seem like the tube is clear, but unless every one is out, it's fairly easy for them to bridge up again in the future.
bandur60

Re: Redding T7 press issue

Post by bandur60 »

Throw a blanket over it, hi pressure air from the bottom? ....farmer fix