SAM K12

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
marky-d

SAM K12

Post by marky-d »

Hi all--

I recently picked up a SAM K12 pistol.
There seem to be strong opinions both ways about SAM pistols and the potential folly of owning one, but the price was right to take a risk.

Anyway, the pistol did not come with a fill adapter. Does anyone know where I might be able to get one, or know of a compatible model? Champion's Choice sells an Anschutz adapter that at least looks like the correct gender, but I'm not even sure if it is for rifles or pistols. I think the SAM/Anschutz M10 uses the same cylinders ass the K12, so I thought it might be a possibility.

Alternatively, anyone know the thread on it? It seems like a simple enough design I can make one myself, but I measure it as something like 11.7x1mm (assuming it's metric).

I'm also looking for a manual, if anyone has a digital copy they would be willing to send me -- anything from M10 to K15 would probably be helpful.

Thanks,
marky-d
marky-d

Re: SAM K12

Post by marky-d »

Hmm, so I guess this is a dead end?
Anybody have an adapter I could use as a model to make my own?

On a side note, it's difficult to find anything online about the 'K12' model. However, based on pictures I've found, it appears my gun has the same action (at least externally) as the K15, as opposed to the M10, K11, or K14. These seem to differ in that the K12/15 has the dry fire lever located on the left side, rather than the 'low pressure' catch. The action itself is just labeled "Mod. K", with "K12" engraved on the front sight base.

If anyone out there knows any other information/differences/history of this model, I'd love to hear it!

marky-d
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

10punkt9 has new cylinders for sam models. https://www.10punkt9.de/shop/index.php?cPath=1_21 perhaps you could email them if they have an adapter otherwise email anschutz to ask if they have one from the M5/M10 days or if they can give you directions to make your own
marky-d

Post by marky-d »

Yep, you're right on the money. I contacted 10punkt9 yesterday, and got a positive reply this morning. They don't have them listed on the website, but they are available in either 200 or 300 bar varieties. They take Paypal and hopefully one will be on my way soon!

marky-d
marky-d

Post by marky-d »

Just thought I'd update this for anyone that might be in the same boat as some point:

I received the SAM fill adapter from 10punkt9 last week, and it works great. Communication (in English) was quick and easy, and payment through PayPal was uneventful.

However, I quickly learned that BOTH air cylinders that came with the pistol leaked like crazy through the valve. I opened them up, and the sealing poppets in both cylinders had crumbled into powder. I don't know what they were made out of, but they did not hold up. I machined a couple new poppets out of some plastic I had laying around, and got one to seal, but the other is too stubborn. I think I need to find some more compliant material for the poppet, because the sealing surface inside the valve is pretty rough. I'll try to remember to take a picture of the valve internals when I have it apart again, but it is really pretty simple to repair.

Using the one now-good cylinder, the gun initially would not fire fully. I could get a little puff of air now and again, but not enough to send a pellet completely down the barrel. However, after some adjustment of the velocity screw in and out, all of a sudden it started firing normally. I'm not sure what was sticking or what broke loose, but not it is shooting great. Hopefully now it will stay reliable!

marky-d
bnice

Post by bnice »

Hi Im looking for info on an Anschutz M10. I need a parts manual and any info on repair parts for it or places that do the repairs?
Rover

Post by Rover »

Hey Marky, I don't know how I missed this one. I wish you had PMd me. I have two of the adapters, so I surely would have lent you one.

I still have that leaky K10. If you'd like to play with it, let me know.