Walther SSP Magazine dissasembly

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

specs

Walther SSP Magazine dissasembly

Post by specs »

Have well over 2000 rounds through my SSP and want to clean the mags. They are starting to occasionally FTF.
Does anyone know how to disassemble the SSP Mag?
Specs
KH250

Re: Walther SSP Magazine dissasembly

Post by KH250 »

FTF? Fail to fire or feed? Fail to fire dirty chamber. Fail to feed, mine never has in 7 years. I disassemble and clean my mags hardly ever, at most once a year. To disassemble, a very small blade screw driver is inserted into the small gap marked with an arrow in the picture and the base plate is levered out. I does not take much to do this. This is how I do it, I assume Walther has not changed the design since I got mine. Remove base plate and spring plus black spring guide. Lower follower to bottom of slot and pull out follower button. Drop follower out the bottom. To reassemble reverse the process. Pics attached.
Attachments
SSPMag.jpg
SSPMag.jpg (43.5 KiB) Viewed 5068 times
SSPMag1.jpg
SSPMag1.jpg (40.57 KiB) Viewed 5068 times
Ray Dash

Post by Ray Dash »

KH250 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:45 pm FTF? Fail to fire or feed? Fail to fire dirty chamber. Fail to feed, mine never has in 7 years. I disassemble and clean my mags hardly ever, at most once a year. To disassemble, a very small blade screw driver is inserted into the small gap marked with an arrow in the picture and the base plate is levered out. I does not take much to do this. This is how I do it, I assume Walther has not changed the design since I got mine. Remove base plate and spring plus black spring guide. Lower follower to bottom of slot and pull out follower button. Drop follower out the bottom. To reassemble reverse the process. Pics attached.
Do you know if the mag button can be popped out without taking the whole mag apart? I have 4 mags and two have the bottom on the opposite side of the mag and I would like to make them all the same. I tried lowering the button down to the opening in the slot and popping it out but it didn't seem to want to budge so I didn't force it.
KH250

Post by KH250 »

Will need to pull the magazine apart. If it went down while together the button would come out accidently.
specs

Post by specs »

Thanks KH250, that is exactly what I was looking for.
specs

Post by specs »

also by FTF I meant failure to feed
JamesHH

Post by JamesHH »

So its identical to the FAS magazine
KH250

Post by KH250 »

Similar to the fas mag to disassemble, completely different in how well it functions.