Grip sizes for new Benelli MP90S (.22LR)

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Red12

Grip sizes for new Benelli MP90S (.22LR)

Post by Red12 »

Hi all

This is my first time on this forum. I am planning to order a Benelli MP90S match pistol in .22LR, but I cannot find any information regarding the different grip sizes available for this pistol. The Benelli website does not explain this matter. I understand that Benelli ships these pistols with grips made by Nill-Griffe. My local gun shop contacted Benelli in Italy and they were told to choose between small and large. Unfortunately, we were not told what these correspond to in palm width (my palm is 85 mm in width).

Does anybody here have any information please? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-TT-

Re: Grip sizes for new Benelli MP90S (.22LR)

Post by -TT- »

I'd suggest the large. My palm is ~90mm and it fits well, I only removed a bit of material where the tip of my pinky finger rests. In my opinion, it's generally better to start with a too-large grip, and remove material, than too-small and add. The small grip is for much smaller hands. I really like the fit of the Nill overall, btw.

You may find you'll leave off the red shim at the rear of the frame, bringing the grip "forward" for better trigger reach for your hand.
Red12

Post by Red12 »

Thank you very much, TT. That is very helpful indeed.

I sort of suspected as much, but it’s great to read it being confirmed from someone who actually owns the same pistol.
VonKasta

Post by VonKasta »

I agree with TT, the standard Nill grip is very good. Your hand sounds like its about the size of mine and I find the large grip comfortable. Nill seems to come standard with the grip circumference you get when ordering a rink grip as ”thick”.
That being said, I have not tried a Benelli with a ”small” grip. I did compare it to a Rink grip and found the Nill superior.
I have the palm rest sitting pretty high, but the with of the grip suits me fine.
10m: Steyr Lp1
25m: Morini CM22RF
CF: Benelli MP90s 32WC
50m: Toz35/Vostok mu 2-3
Red12

Post by Red12 »

Thank you VonKasta. Your reply is also very helpful and reassuring. I have placed my order through my local agent and have chosen a standard grip. There seems to be a significant back-log on International orders and I have been advised that my pistol will unlikely to be available before May 2020. I don’t mind waiting as long as I know I’m getting a good product.
VonKasta

Post by VonKasta »

Red12 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:07 am Thank you VonKasta. Your reply is also very helpful and reassuring. I have placed my order through my local agent and have chosen a standard grip. There seems to be a significant back-log on International orders and I have been advised that my pistol will unlikely to be available before May 2020. I don’t mind waiting as long as I know I’m getting a good product.
Its a wonderful 25m pistol
Attachments
5FA68EAE-5D68-4F4C-8DA0-435443AB3984.jpeg
A1F3AEC3-8F89-4B52-B3DF-F0CBA24DCA92.jpeg
10m: Steyr Lp1
25m: Morini CM22RF
CF: Benelli MP90s 32WC
50m: Toz35/Vostok mu 2-3
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

VonKasta wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:58 am Nill seems to come standard with the grip circumference you get when ordering a rink grip as ”thick”.
I actually have two Benellis, my original with Nill and a second with Rink. They are both size large and it's true the Nill is a bit "fuller" in the hand. The Rink has a bit more angle, but only a little, not into Pardini territory :-) Honestly, I prefer the Nill, but only slightly, and that's the one I shoot it with. Grips are like shoes, you just have to find the right fit, for you.

The Rink does have the upswept palm shelf, which is nice. I emailed Nill to ask if they made such a thing, and they politely informed me "no". Andrew of Precision Pistol Grips then 3d printed me a quite nice shelf, he has an MP95 in fact, and I later made myself one in wood that I now use. Options are fun. ;-)

One other thing, I also have an AW93, and ended up with both a Nill and a Rink for that pistol. There, I prefer the Rink, for its fit especially around the trigger, and I find it has better clearance around the mag release, which is at the base of the grip. Again, options!
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

Red12 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:07 am There seems to be a significant back-log on International orders and I have been advised that my pistol will unlikely to be available before May 2020.
Benelli only makes these pistols in limited production, rumor was something like one week a year. Nobody is too sure, I guess we'd need to snoop around the back alleys of Urbino to find out!

It'll be worth a wait.
Red12

Post by Red12 »

Thank you again, TT and VonKasta. You have both been very helpful with the information you have generously provided me. The long wait is something I can live with. In the meantime, I will be practicing with my Browning Buck Mark. I realize that the 2 pistols are not in the same league, but I still enjoy my BBM.
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

Hey I bought my first Benelli to replace my Buckmark! And in fact I bought a Nill grip for the BM so it replicates the feel, for practice and possible backup. Consider it :-)
Red12

Post by Red12 »

Thanks TT, what a great idea. You’re going to get me into trouble with Mrs Red12 though!