comparing the Listone Victor and the Alfa Proj?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

ba49

comparing the Listone Victor and the Alfa Proj?

Post by ba49 »

Does anyone have a Listone Victor and an Alfa Proj that they could compare the 2. I know the Victor is from Taiwan and the Alfa is from Czech Republic but is there a big difference in quality. I think one difference is the Alfa is regulated and the Victor is not. I bought the Victor in co2 and like it alot. I'm thinking about buying another one in pcp but I notice it looks almost identical to the Alfa and if the Alfa is noticeably better I may spend the extra money (more than 2x) of the Victor.
I am new to this type of air pistol so I figured this is the place to ask. I want a decent target pistol for paper punching on my 10m range in my garage. I already have several different examples of SSP, springers and co2 like a FWB 65, FAS 6004, Beeman P1, and Daisy 777s And 747s. I want to step up to a nice pcp gun for up to around $800. I'm not apposed to used. So would the Alfa or the Victor be a good choice? Bill
Rover

Re: comparing the Listone Victor and the Alfa Proj?

Post by Rover »

"I want to step up to a nice pcp gun for up to around $800. I'm not apposed to used. So would the Alfa or the Victor be a good choice?"

If you want a nice PCP GUN, the answer is no.
ba49

Post by ba49 »

Thanks for responding Rover, I pulled the trigger on an Alfa Proj last night. If it doesn't work out it won't be the first time I made a mistake. Sometimes I tend to be a bit too impulse at times lol. I think it will work fine for what I want it for. Bill
jglenn

Post by jglenn »

we have both the Listone victor in Co2 and the LAP1 in Air.. both have been very reliable.. Pressure is adjustable on both..

the LAP1 is pretty much a Walther copy as Walther grips fit perfectly once you get their adjustable arm for the grips.. Trigger is setup like the Walthers. Both shoot very well off a vice. For the Money both are hard to beat but neither is a Styer or any other high grade AP.

The Victor is a dead copy of the Alpha.. Schematics are identical
ba49

Post by ba49 »

I have the Victor in co2 and so far it seems to be pretty well made but I decided for pcp I wanted to try the Alfa Proj.
jglenn

Post by jglenn »

you should check out the LAP1 if you end up not liking the Alpha

basically a Walther AP20 pro
ba49

Post by ba49 »

As a follow up guys I recently purchased the Listone Victor in PCP as it was on sale for $216. plus shipping including an added regulator. I must say it is every bit as accurate as my Alpha Proj. It is a very close copy. The Alpha does have a higher shot count but the Victor does fine for my purposes. I am just shooting it in my inside range. I get between 40 and 50 shots on a 2500psi fill. The shots averaging about 480 fps. with RWS Hobbys (7gr.). Like the Alpha the velocity is adjustable. The trigger is also very adjustable too. Basically the same as the Alpha. Sights are the same on both guns and work well. Accuracy is very good and about the same for both guns in my hands. I haven't taken then apart but I have to say the finish and machining on the Victor is very impressive for the price. The grips are plastic on the Victor and on the small side but are ambi and work ok for my med. size left hand. I am told you can use Alpha grips on it. I have the Victor in PCP and co2 and I'm really think that they make great practice target guns for the price.
Last edited by ba49 on Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
jglenn

Post by jglenn »

Yes Alpha grips will fit but may need a touch of work.. I have the Co2 version and got some of the Alpha wooden adjustable grips for it in a co2 configuration. had to modify the grip a bit as the CO2 chamber is a bit different.. but it worked out fine
radjag

Post by radjag »

Sorry to be the one to ask the obvious question. But does anyone know for sure that the Alpha Proj version is actually built in Czech?

They look almost identical and Listone make several versions marketed (in Asia, etc.) under several brand names. Listone is a contract manufacturer for many brands (Beeman, Crossman, others).

I would bet that the Alfa Proj is actually made by Listone and both brands are essentially identical.

I have a CO2 Victor, my only criticism would be the large diameter of the CO2 container which somewhat compromised grip shape and is not ideal. But, it shoots very, very well and is great value for money.
ba49

Post by ba49 »

I was shooting both my Alfa Proj and the PCP Victor side by side yesterday and the only real difference was the grips. One(Victor) is plastic and one is wood. As stated in above thread, they interchange. When I bought the Victor I had Wes install the regulator for a small extra fee and also adjust the fps. to just under 500 fps. The Victor actually has more power but less shots per fill. Shooting them they feel about the same in function and performance. While I haven't taken either apart they seem identical in quality and workmanship. The fill adapter for the Alfa Proj is a little nicer but both function well. Also the Alfa comes with a weight and the Victor doesn't but the Alfa weight fits the Victor also. I'm making some brass ones in different weights for both out of brass. They will fit the co2 Victor also. For over a $500. difference in price the Victor is a steal for it's intended use.
I also have the co2 Victor and really like it too. I must say though that I prefer my Tau 7 for a co2 pistol over the Victor co2 but it's more just personal preference.
I must agree that I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the Victors and the Alfa Proj were made in the same plant.
Jrchapman

Post by Jrchapman »

I have both in PCP
The sights are similar but not the same.
The Alfa has a 3 sided from with each side a different width.
The Victor inexplicably has all 3 sides the same dimension
The Alfa has a rear sight with 2 different sight widths. Mine also had a 2nd with 2 more different widths.
The Victor inexplicably has to sight notch’s each the same width.
The Alfa allows up to 12 sight variations.
The Victor allows only 1.
I believe all parts are interchangeable.
The grip is an injected molded plastic VS. Wood on the Alfa
For the difference in price @$100 for a grip, $70 for an Alfa sight set. I believe if the Victor FPS is set the same as the Alfa you’ll get 80 shots from a filled 2000psi canister