Fate of a S&W 41

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Questor

Fate of a S&W 41

Post by Questor »

I have a 7" S&W 41 and am considering selling it. It's in excellent shape and about five years old. The only reason I am considering selling it is that I use another gun competitively and do not want to shoot a second gun. Is there any good reason for keeping the 41? I understand that they are desirable and will probably increase in value.
Roland Cannon

Re: Fate of a S&W 41

Post by Roland Cannon »

I have always hated to sell a gun I liked. However, if a gun no longer suits your needs, is it really a good investment? Is it worth stumbling over? Could you sell it and then buy something else to add to the shooting experience? I dont think the gun is going to increase in value engough to make you a millionaire (unless your one allready).
I tend to look at them as tools. When the tool no longer is needed in the toolbox, its time to move on.
Still, my IZH 46m is not for sale. I dont care how little I use it!

Aussie Bob

Re: Fate of a S&W 41

Post by Aussie Bob »

I usually take about 30 years to decided to sell a gun I once enjoyed shooting. Anything else will go as quickly as I can.
Cheers from down under
Aussie Bob

: I have always hated to sell a gun I liked. However, if a gun no longer suits your needs, is it really a good investment? Is it worth stumbling over? Could you sell it and then buy something else to add to the shooting experience? I dont think the gun is going to increase in value engough to make you a millionaire (unless your one allready).
: I tend to look at them as tools. When the tool no longer is needed in the toolbox, its time to move on.
: Still, my IZH 46m is not for sale. I dont care how little I use it!

blambert-at-acay.com.au.41499.41497