Hammerli Xesse

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

dmw6455

Hammerli Xesse

Post by dmw6455 »

I have a Hammerli Xesse with some problems. With SK Std+ I am getting occasional stove pipes and also having slide stay open after the 4th shot leaving one shot left. I have thorougly cleaned the gun and diassemble all the magazine and cleaned them. I even tried the slightly higher velocity CCI SV which seems to help on stove pipes, the slide still stays open after the 4th shot. I shoot BE Pistol and this does not work for slow and rapid fire. Larry's gun is gone and Walther does not repair, but said try Cardinal Shooting Center. Anyone know of other gunsmiths that work on this gun? Or is it time to move on to a different pistol?
jglenn

Re: Hammerli Xesse

Post by jglenn »

look at slightly tightening up the slide stop.. it has a Torx screw you can access with the grips off through the frame... it needs to be firm against the frame yet free enough for the Mag spring to push it up and lock the slide back

are these new magazines..

load the Mags one round at a time, pulling the follower down just enough to add the single round

I have two Trialsides (same gun from Sig) and both eat CCI std. reliably..
dmw6455

Post by dmw6455 »

Thanks. Will give that a try
dmw6455

Post by dmw6455 »

The trailside must be a little different because there is no torx screw on the Xesse.
jglenn

Post by jglenn »

should be a screw on the inside of the frame(grip area) that holds the Slide stop and spring.

Maybe a allen but still a small screw.. Look at the X-esse diagram on the Walther web site for a parts break down.

https://www.carl-walther.com/fileadmin/ ... 473_j_.pdf

Part # 26
Ray Dash

Post by Ray Dash »

I had the same problem with the slide locking back with one round still in the chamber and it drove me nuts. I did a couple of things so I am not sure which one cured the problem but I really cleaned the mag release lever (there was a ton of gook from the factory in it that caused it to be sluggish). I also had to grind a little off the grips as there were just slightly touching the release lever. I absolutely hated my Xesse when I was having the problem but now that its gone its my favorite pistol.