My First Good Target :)

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Jerry

My First Good Target :)

Post by Jerry »

Hi,
Back in February I decided to recast myself as a lefthanded shooter after suffering from an incredible meltdown trying to shoot righthanded for a year and a half.
Things have been steadily improving, I am currently shooting in the low to mid eighties and am trying to get the average up to 85 percent.
I shoot twenty shot targets several times a day, typically two to three targets in the evening session.
One of my goals was to hit a ninty percent target before Medicare starts in a few weeks.
Tonight I met the goal :) (barely 180/200, only 4 in the eight ring).
Now that I know it is possible, maybe I can string a couple of good targets together...
One peculiar note: the last several days my best target of the day has come on shots 81-100 ( the last target of the day).
I hope that crack of light in the tunnel is not an onrushing train...
--Jerry

jerry.levan-at-eku.edu.41452.0
Kapakaro

Congratulation

Post by Kapakaro »

I started shooting AP a short time before you. But I still having at least one 6 for every 20 shots.
Wish to be like you.
K Apakaro
Jerry LeVan

Be careful what you wish for...

Post by Jerry LeVan »

: I started shooting AP a short time before you. But I still having at least one 6 for every 20 shots.
: Wish to be like you.
Be careful what you wish for :)
Most of the time I have the same problem that you describe, however I periodically get a hot hand, last week I had a run of 98/100 in the black ( I also had a target with four "snowbunnies"...).
I am hoping that consistency will improve with good practice.
--Jerry

jerry.levan-at-eku.edu.41468.41457
JLK

I thought I was the only one on this site that had "snow bun

Post by JLK »

: : I started shooting AP a short time before you. But I still having at least one 6 for every 20 shots.
: : Wish to be like you.
: Be careful what you wish for :)
: Most of the time I have the same problem that you describe, however I periodically get a hot hand, last week I had a run of 98/100 in the black ( I also had a target with four "snowbunnies"...).
: I am hoping that consistency will improve with good practice.
: --Jerry

jlkonn-at-aol.com.41478.41468
Bubba

Our numbers are legion

Post by Bubba »

Jerry,
I hope this is not considered an insult, but, there are many of us (that was the reference to nsults, hope you are not offended by my random inclusion of you into a group called us)
I have recently developed the habit of flinging a shot into the white so as to keep my scores down. This is not what I wanted to do, but, stuff happens. Got the finest pistol (Anschutz LP-@), with the stoopidest name.
I enter the high Noon Competition often, under the name Dan Hankins. You can find me near the bottom in AP and AR 30 REQ.I am averaging the low 80s to mid 80s almost all of the time.
The bottom line is that if you enjoy it, do it. Some of us baby boomers deserve to have some fun. There is often good competition at the back of the fleet as well as at the front.
We are a majority, we fit the profile of the average competition air gun buyer. I hope to see you competing in the high Noon competition. I'll be there, some where near the bottom, cheering on my friends who are a little further up the list.
Hang in there.
Respectfully,
Bubba
Danielhankiins-at-wmconnect.com.41518.41452
pilar

Re: My First Good Target :)

Post by pilar »

: Hi,
: Back in February I decided to recast myself as a lefthanded shooter after suffering from an incredible meltdown trying to shoot righthanded for a year and a half.
: Things have been steadily improving, I am currently shooting in the low to mid eighties and am trying to get the average up to 85 percent.
: I shoot twenty shot targets several times a day, typically two to three targets in the evening session.
: One of my goals was to hit a ninty percent target before Medicare starts in a few weeks.
: Tonight I met the goal :) (barely 180/200, only 4 in the eight ring).
: Now that I know it is possible, maybe I can string a couple of good targets together...
: One peculiar note: the last several days my best target of the day has come on shots 81-100 ( the last target of the day).
: I hope that crack of light in the tunnel is not an onrushing train...
: --Jerry

mprgarcia-at-hotmail.com.42171.41452