Field Target

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

ihasagun

Field Target

Post by ihasagun »

Is there a forum section here for posting about field target?
Richard144

Re: Field Target

Post by Richard144 »

I don't think you will get much play on this forum or field target. This is mostly a forum for serious bullseye shooting. I have been shooting and running FT matches for 30 years so if you have any specific questions I would be glad to at least provide an opinion. Crosman and Rochester Brooks Gun Club ate running a big match this weekend so most of the top shooters are there right now so you wouldn't get their attention even if they check into this forum. The forums that cater to FT are Airgun Warriors, Airgunnation, and AAFTA.org. Unfortunately the AAFTA forum is almost never used.
For anyone not familiar with Airgun field target it is lots of fun and quite different from the bullseye type disciplines, but like them it takes a serious commitment in dollars and time and travel. It has however become an international sport. For more info check out AAFTA.org

Rick Bassett
Piefou

Post by Piefou »

Pimp My Airgun is a field target specialized forum :

https://www.pimpmyairgun.com/
FWB P700 Alu & JSB S100 pellets // Annie 1913 Precise & Eley Sport bullets
ihasagun

Post by ihasagun »

Thanks. I’ve been conversing with folks at AIrgun nation about FT and Ive bought my equipment, but I haven’t shot a match yet. I’m in touch with three local FT clubs, so Ibhave options for competing locally. I bought a Thomas because it can switch easily between 12 FPE and 20 FPE, so lots of options for participating in various classes. I was hoping there might be more international shooters here and maybe I could get some experiences on international travel with an air rifle. I’m wondering if I would be able to travel abroad with the Thomas, or if I would need to invest in a rifle that can’t be switched over to an FPE above 12. Also, traveling with an SCBA tank. How does one fly with one of those? Thanks again.