New RF Rules- 22lr Pistols

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Tim

New RF Rules- 22lr Pistols

Post by Tim »

If they go to 22lr pistols will they use STD Pistol equipment rules or RF Pistol equipment rules - W/A grips, light triggers,etc?
TAPERRY-at-webtv.net.41400.0
David M

Standard Rules

Post by David M »

Standard rules will apply, 1000g triggers, no wrap around grips, no porting and a min power factor ammo. (39g x 280 m/s)
David Levene

Re: New RF Rules- 22lr Pistols

Post by David Levene »

: If they go to 22lr pistols will they use STD Pistol equipment rules or RF Pistol equipment rules - W/A grips, light triggers,etc?

The actual wording of that part of the announcement was "The Committee endorsed the Pistol and Technical Committee’s recommendations
that the .22 short pistol be replaced with the .22 Long Rifle Standard Pistol for the
Rapid-Fire Pistol event."
I think that clarifies it. It will be the Standard Pistol not just a .22LR version of the RF Pistol.

dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.41402.41400
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

Plus they will be using a different target as well. This will be another cost to the clubs and may stop some from ordering special targets just for a few shooters. At least currently we have basically two ISSF 25 metre targets for live fire.
Cheers from down under
Aussie Bob
blambert-at-acay.com.au.41404.41400
Leonard

What are you going to do with your RF pistol David ? (NT )

Post by Leonard »

David M

Convert it to .22 Long

Post by David M »

With some work it is possible to convert to .22 long.
We may even be able to talk Pardini into producing a parts conversion kit (with a bit of luck).
Leonard

Why don't you hand it in as part of the NSW buyback ?

Post by Leonard »

There is provision in the NSW regs for compensation of 'non-prohibited' pistols.
That's what I'm going to do with my GPE in the ACT
Might as well get market value for it now rather than having something worthless and illegal in 18 months time.
Bruce F

Still Olympic event until 2005

Post by Bruce F »

It is still legal for the duration of the Buy Back, it only becomes a non olympic event in 2005.
The say timing is everything....

bfavell-at-powerup.com.au.41419.41415
Warren

Timing is everything?

Post by Warren »

I used to have impeccable timing for Rapid Fire, lots of people told me this. Pity there wasn't bonus points for it, my scores were certainly crappy :-)

Leonard

Still think it makes sense to be compensated for it now and

Post by Leonard »

RF shooter can make an early transition to 22 longs. Also, whilst legal to own during the duration of the buyback, it's illegal to use them !

Richard

Post by Richard »

I know it sucks that some people are going to be stuck with basically useless guns but the savings between 22 short and 22 long rifle will buy quite a few tragets. I've never tried rapid fire but now that I can use the standard pistol I will definately shot it. So if their intent is to get more people to participate, it seems to have worked on me. Now for some of the other stupid rule changes..... like blinder sizes that is just ridicules and now I'm stuck with these big blinders and now I'm going to have to get new ones.8^)

Ross Mason

Re: New Pistols needed

Post by Ross Mason »

What ever happened to those poor unfortunates that bought "the latest model" pistol OR rifle? Are they not in the same boat as those who will no longer be able to use an RF pistol?
I think I'll give up thinking about buying that flintlock.....I've waited too long for an ISSF competition for it....maybe they aren't going to design one....
Oh well....must move on....