Tanfoglio Gold Match?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

SlartyBartFast

Tanfoglio Gold Match?

Post by SlartyBartFast »

Looking to treat myself to a nice pistol and probably use it for Bullseye (or more honestly use Bullseye matches to justify buying the pistol :p).

So my criteria is fairly open. Want something in 45acp and NOT a 1911. Sorry, but while I've shot a 1911 a couple of times and actually managed an 80 in rapid fire in a service pistol EIC match with a loaned 1911, I just don't feel the 1911 grip is the best for me.

Having fired a CZ Shadow 2 and handled a few Tanfoglio's I've been drawn towards the Tanfoglio Gold Match. Big advantage I see is being able to buy the complete pistol in one calibre and get other calibre conversions for it.

At first was looking at the Xtreme, but the whole X marketing thing doesn't impress me on any product and I'm not sure the Xtreme parts (except for trigger) would do me any good or be all that noticeable to me. The other thing is if I get calibre conversions, they won't have the extreme parts installed. Although an extreme lower with a calibre conversion would result in a nice duo tone pistol.

I searched and Tanfoglios have been asked about before and there haven't been too many responses. Hoping that someone might have some reviews, pros, cons, etc.

Feel free to try to talk me into another pistol. Or convince me why running a lower with multiple calibre is a good or bad idea.
- Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory
- FAS SP607
TomAmlie

Re: Tanfoglio Gold Match?

Post by TomAmlie »

I can't speak to the Tanfoglio Gold Match, but I have a Tanfoglio Witness Elite Match as well as a compact Witness (both in 45 acp). They're very nice guns; accurate with good triggers ("good triggers" is relative, of course).
Last edited by TomAmlie on Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
JamesHH

Post by JamesHH »

Based on a sample size of two, apparently the xtreme is better fitted and more accurate.
If you can compare side by side that might answer it.
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

If I get the extreme, it means any calibre conversion wouldn't have the extreme slide parts. But that seems limited to firing pin and firing pin spring looking at the list of extreme parts.
If there is extra fitting put into matching slide and frame for the extreme then another point against using one frame and multiple calibers.
Doubt I'll ever get the chance to compare the two versions. If I buy one or the other I won't know what I'm missing.
- FAS SP607
hurt

Post by hurt »

My vote...Pardini GT 45! Love the thing. Great trigger...great accuracy. Double stack makes a handfull... but my 3 1911’s see little service. My two cents 🤓
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

hurt wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:32 pm My vote...Pardini GT 45! Love the thing. Great trigger...great accuracy. Double stack makes a handfull... but my 3 1911’s see little service. My two cents 🤓
Yes, the Pardini has been on my wishlist. But it's $1k more than the Tanfoglio.
The adjustable trigger seems like a very nice thing to have. But the grip and feel of the pistol is a complete unknown to me.

The availability of Rink grips are a big plus for the Pardini (I think).

(Quite frankly, the complaints on the Nill website about their grip designs being copied is a bit ridiculous. IMO it's almost unforgiveable that the Rink and Nill can't quickly adapt their grips o any pistol in production)
- FAS SP607