OPINIONS ON ROHM A/P

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Nev Cross

OPINIONS ON ROHM A/P

Post by Nev Cross »

There is an air pistol being marketed in Australia called ROHM TWINMASTER SPORT, made in Germany, it is selling for about half the price of most match air pistols, is it any good? does anyone have any experience with this A/P?
nevcross-at-bigpond.com.41360.0
Joe G.

Re: OPINIONS ON ROHM A/P

Post by Joe G. »

Although I have not had any direct experience with the different Rohm variations there had been a review in The Airgun Letter monthly that Tom Gaylord published. If you like I could probably get you a copy. If my memory is correct (I'm not at home right now to check the article) the overall tone of the article was positive but I do think the limitation of the gun for serious target shooting would be the trigger. Being a repeater I can't see how the trigger could equal one in a good single shot pistol. I would think you would do much better with an IZH-46M, Tau 7 or FAS 609 if match shooting is your main goal. As an accurate plinker and informal target shooter I am sure the Rohm would be lots of fun. When I next am home I will re-read the review. Best regards, Joe G.

Josephjfg-at-aol.com.41361.41360
Ina

Re: OPINIONS ON ROHM A/P

Post by Ina »

:My husband bought me one of these pistols as a Christmas present! I had never shot air pistol before (I,m a 'retired' prone rifle shooter).
The main reason for the purchase was that my son shoots air rifle and I have to drive him to the range for training, so decided that I may as well do something constructive while there. I have shot a couple of 600 competitions and am now scoring around 490-500, not bad for an absolute beginner, I think.
The pistol is either repeating or single shot,and doesn't have anything fancy like an electronic trigger, and although some more experienced members at the club have much more sophisticated guns, I find it absolutly fine at the moment.
I would certainly reccommend it for a beginner like myself.
Ina

ia0515-at-advsys.co.uk.41375.41360