better two stage trigger

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

eddy

better two stage trigger

Post by eddy »

hi, wich of these .22 lr pistols:pardini sp,benelli mp 90s,hammerli 208s,feinwerkbau aw 93,fas 607, have a better trigger pull, travel and easy adjustment of the named two stage trigger
Bill Abernethy

Re: better two stage trigger

Post by Bill Abernethy »

The Benelli requires fairly extensive dismantling to adjust the trigger.
Bill Abernethy
bill-at-wccnet.org.41336.41335
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

: hi, wich of these .22 lr pistols:pardini sp,benelli mp 90s,hammerli 208s,feinwerkbau aw 93,fas 607, have a better trigger pull, travel and easy adjustment of the named two stage trigger
"Easy adjustment" should not rank too highly on a list of criteria. The number of variables and the stability of the settings are probably more important.
Though I have shot most of these, the AW93 is the one I am most familiar with in terms of playing around with the trigger. It offered the following variables...
Trigger position
First stage weight
Second stage weight
Length of each stage
Degree of "crispness" or "creep" of second stage leading to firing point
Position of trigger stop.
Adjusting them however requires a degree of tenacity as there are 7 (!) screws dedicated to trigger adjustment. Some of these require sliding the trigger forwards (or backwards) to get access to them, but it's not too much of a hassle. Once you get the settings just where you want them though, they stay there and don't seem to drift. Though it's not on your list, I've heard a few complaints from shooter regarding the trigger settings on their Hammerli SP-20's drifting - not sure exactly how common this is though.
G.

Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

You can take five of each of the named pistols and each one will have a different feel. The friction caused by the sear/hammer/draw bar can vary with the machine process for each. I would ask which one was able to hold adjustment. This is more important sine a varying trigger can cause more problems thana poor constant trigger pull. Each of the guns has a few good features. I think the Pardine has a slight edge since most of the adjustment can be made without removing the grip, aside from the one sear engagement screw in the rear. I have had one gun for near 20 years and have never adjusted the trigger. Greg
eddy

Post by eddy »

:the finalist are the pardini sp and feinwerkbau aw 93:¿ wich are more consistent of the adjustment of the trigger? and more important,the quality of the pistol pieces. thanks: eddy
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

: :the finalist are the pardini sp and feinwerkbau aw 93:¿ wich are more consistent of the adjustment of the trigger? and more important,the quality of the pistol pieces. thanks.
The standard of construction and materials on the AW93 is probably one step up from the Pardini. I know some Pardini owners who have said that their guns were great when new, but they started to run into problems once their pistols were a couple of years old. In saying that, I'm sure there are plenty of folk who swear by their Pardini's. The trigger on the AW93 is probably the better of the two, but the grip on the Pardini is superior to the AW93.
Leonard

Get the Pardini SP

Post by Leonard »

As an ex AW93 owner and current Pardini SP owner, I can enthusiastically recommend the SP...I'm glad I changed... design, ergonomics, grips, sights, trigger and recoil recovery are far superior to the AW93....
when I shoot a 93 now, it feels ungainly and unbalanced...
As for quality, the SP has been flawless. On my 93, the sights fell off and rear sight was not mounted square. A friend's 93 did not have it's slide heat treated properly and it disintegrated - necessitating a trip back to Germany for 4 months
and eventual full replacment.

eddy

Post by eddy »

:
gordon: And what you say of the FAS 602 O 607, the grip is good, seems to pardini sp, but the FAS don´t have a trgger stop.
aubrey

Post by aubrey »

Hi Eddy, I own each of these pistols except for the aw93 which I have shot a lot. The pick of the bunch is the morini for a lot of different reasons including the ques you asked. It also depends on what matches you use it in too. Each one has some good & bad points but the morini really dosn't have any bad points. The pardini just needs a good set of grips fitted for you,I've adjusted the pardini trigger to things you wouldn't beleive, the fas is just funny in a couple of ways, the aw93 I can't adjust the trigger enough & needs grips & the morini is better balanced and then we get to the others which trigger settings not as good as the rest and have other problems. The factory's are paying very careful attention to the trigger settings now so you don't need to change them that much unless there's a special reason

Scott H.

Vote for Pardini

Post by Scott H. »

All the guns mentioned are fine guns. I've shot all except the FAS 607, although I have an old Domino 602 that they'll bury me with.
The Pardini, though, IMHO, has the best trigger. All of its adjustments are via external screws, and easily accomplished. You can make an adjustment, and test the trigger, in the time it takes to read this sentence.
cheers!
fwbas93-at-msn.com.41396.41377