After-market Grips for the Feinwerkbau AW93

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Fortitudo Dei

After-market Grips for the Feinwerkbau AW93

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

Hi Folks,
I LOVE my AW93 - but my hand doesn't. The grip just does not want to fit me (or vice-versa). I've found two after-market grip makers making grips for the AW93 - Nill Grips (www.nill-grips.com) and Rink Formgriffe (www.formgriffe.de). Can anyone recommend one over the other (or just generally recommend) - or are they pretty much the same? Rink seem to offer a greater number of variables, but I haven't heard as much about them as Nill.
Also - apart from looking "cool", do laminated grips offer anything over walnut?
Regards,
FD
Fortitudo_Dei-at-hotmail.com.remove.41317.0
PAPADEAS, PANAGIOTIS

Re: After-market Grips for the Feinwerkbau AW93

Post by PAPADEAS, PANAGIOTIS »

I have ordered a grip for my LP10 from Rink Formgriffe. It certainly fits ME (couldnt know for others) better than the factory Morini grip LP10 had. I ordered a medium one when the original Morini was Small. I have heard from other fellow shooters here in greece that Rink grips tend to be a little smaller than Morinis. Also here in greece Rink Grips are gaining popularity especially as a replacement for pardini air grips. Quality is excellant and the mechanism for the heel (in air pistols) although it takes some space is much more secure and adjustable. i dont know if that mechanish is available for handguns that have the feeder inside the grip.
Deep tens
Papadeas Panagiotis

: Hi Folks,
: I LOVE my AW93 - but my hand doesn't. The grip just does not want to fit me (or vice-versa). I've found two after-market grip makers making grips for the AW93 - Nill Grips (www.nill-grips.com) and Rink Formgriffe (www.formgriffe.de). Can anyone recommend one over the other (or just generally recommend) - or are they pretty much the same? Rink seem to offer a greater number of variables, but I haven't heard as much about them as Nill.
: Also - apart from looking "cool", do laminated grips offer anything over walnut?
: Regards,
: FD

bm-ozpytx-at-otenet.gr.41330.41317
Scott H.

Post by Scott H. »

I couldn't hack the FWB factory grips, either.
I have both Nil and Rink grips for my FWB AW93. Both fit the hand like a glove. I've got the Nil on the gun, now, simply because I like the look better. I mean, the Nil's a great grip, but I'm not saying that the Nil is superior to the Rink, necessarily. I've got Rink's on my Pardini SP and K-22 Free Pistol.
The "look" of the Rink's comes, as I'm sure you figured, from the laminated wood. An interesting aspect of that lamination is that it makes the surface just a little rough, and that slight roughness makes the Rink's really "gripable."

fwbaw92-at-msn.com.41333.41317
Pradeep

Post by Pradeep »

I have a KN Nill grip for my aw93, it is a much nicer fit than the original. Points beautifully. I got the one with the adjustable palm shelf.

: Hi Folks,
: I LOVE my AW93 - but my hand doesn't. The grip just does not want to fit me (or vice-versa). I've found two after-market grip makers making grips for the AW93 - Nill Grips (www.nill-grips.com) and Rink Formgriffe (www.formgriffe.de). Can anyone recommend one over the other (or just generally recommend) - or are they pretty much the same? Rink seem to offer a greater number of variables, but I haven't heard as much about them as Nill.
: Also - apart from looking "cool", do laminated grips offer anything over walnut?
: Regards,
: FD

tt-at-vdpc.org.41346.41317
Richard H.

Post by Richard H. »

When you get your RInk let me know what it's like, I too have an LP10 (and LP5) and am interested in the Rink. If you could send some photo's.
: I have ordered a grip for my LP10 from Rink Formgriffe. It certainly fits ME (couldnt know for others) better than the factory Morini grip LP10 had. I ordered a medium one when the original Morini was Small. I have heard from other fellow shooters here in greece that Rink grips tend to be a little smaller than Morinis. Also here in greece Rink Grips are gaining popularity especially as a replacement for pardini air grips. Quality is excellant and the mechanism for the heel (in air pistols) although it takes some space is much more secure and adjustable. i dont know if that mechanish is available for handguns that have the feeder inside the grip.
: Deep tens
: Papadeas Panagiotis

: : Hi Folks,
: : I LOVE my AW93 - but my hand doesn't. The grip just does not want to fit me (or vice-versa). I've found two after-market grip makers making grips for the AW93 - Nill Grips (www.nill-grips.com) and Rink Formgriffe (www.formgriffe.de). Can anyone recommend one over the other (or just generally recommend) - or are they pretty much the same? Rink seem to offer a greater number of variables, but I haven't heard as much about them as Nill.
: : Also - apart from looking "cool", do laminated grips offer anything over walnut?
: : Regards,
: : FD

rhutch-at-rogers.com.41368.41330